Buying router bits

Pat M

Belg
Senior User
Looking for a place to buy a downcut bearing flush cut bit at a good price.
Any place got a sale or just a better price going on. A percentage code would be much appreciated.

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
MLCS has a mailing list club with discounts and they ship for free. Their premium line of bits is very good quality. But always try Klingspor first.

BKHam

Bradley
User
a good price here puts you in some gray area.
>Are you wanting to buy another one after a couple projects or or no?
>when using a flushing bit, how much waste are you leaving....i.e. how much stress, heat, and junk build up are you going to put on it?

how you work will determine whether spending the money for a more expensive bit is worth it to you.

I have both kinds of bits in my arsenal. but if you are using a downcut bit you are likely doing something delicate, thinking about quality of your work, maybe trimming veneer. In that case, by whiteside.

Pat M

Belg
Senior User
a good price here puts you in some gray area.
>Are you wanting to buy another one after a couple projects or or no?
>when using a flushing bit, how much waste are you leaving....i.e. how much stress, heat, and junk build up are you going to put on it?

how you work will determine whether spending the money for a more expensive bit is worth it to you.

I have both kinds of bits in my arsenal. but if you are using a downcut bit you are likely doing something delicate, thinking about quality of your work, maybe trimming veneer. In that case, by whiteside.
I'm looking for a good price on a quality bit. My overhang is usually a strong 1/16" so I'm not stressing the bit for sure.
Thank you for your impute it is always appreciated.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Stove Klingspor is a sponsor do they offer the members a discount?

Yes, if you are Discount Qualified (DQ) they offer a 10% discount on most items. You can call their 1-800 number and ask if you are on the list. Since you have only been a member since May you may not have met the qualifications yet.

Someone else may be able to provide a better answer as to what it takes to be "DQ".

beloitdavisja

James
Corporate Member
Klingspor is a sponsor do they offer the members a discount?
Yes. You must Opt-In to be "Discount Qualified" Go to your account Preferences, then opt in to the Klingspor Discount:
1692364411667.png

1692364417392.png

I am not sure how long it takes after you opt-in for Klingspor to get your info.

Warped Woodwerks

Senior User
Traditional flush or spiral?
1/4" or 1/2" shank
Length of cutter?
Do you have deep pockets or fixed income?

Amazon
Example: Whiteside Solid Carbide Spiral Flush Trim Router Bits

Heck.. I hate to say it, but even WP is starting their line of router bits: Router Bits - Routing

You can always go Whiteside or similarly priced, or if you just want a throw away, you can probably get some stuff for under $20 (Rockler, etc.?)

Echd

C
User
Plenty of the chinese brands- spetool, yonico, eanosic, and zahyox- are cheap on amazon. They're all fine so far as I can tell from using them on my cnc.

Spetool seems to be the largest of those Amazon sellers and I think they have downcut spirals with bearings.

Pat M

Belg
Senior User
Traditional flush or spiral?
1/4" or 1/2" shank
Length of cutter?
Do you have deep pockets or fixed income?

Amazon
Example: Whiteside Solid Carbide Spiral Flush Trim Router Bits

Heck.. I hate to say it, but even WP is starting their line of router bits: Router Bits - Routing

You can always go Whiteside or similarly priced, or if you just want a throw away, you can probably get some stuff for under $20 (Rockler, etc.?)
Sorry you got me with the WP??? I'm going to find one place to buy any bit at a good price not just this particular one. Familiar with all the places mentioned so far and have searched them all. Thank you for taking the time to respond.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
I received Klingspor's new (new version) Sawdust magazine today with the below ad for the Cary store's 7th anniversary sale. One special is 20% off Klingspore router bits. If they stock the bit you need it would be a good deal. Hope this helps.

IMG_20230818_195012.jpg

Pat M

Belg
Senior User
I received Klingspor's new (new version) Sawdust magazine today with the below ad for the Cary store's 7th anniversary sale. One special is 20% off Klingspore router bits. If they stock the bit you need it would be a good deal. Hope this helps.

View attachment 221149
It looks like this sale will be on September 9 only? Or did I see that wrong?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS