Yes, I actually built something!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tom hintz

New User
Tom Hintz
Let it be known that I actually finished building something! I promised the wife a new kitchen table about a year ago, actually bought the oak back then and have been "getting it used to the shop air" ever since. The table is 42" in diameter and the top is 1 3/8"-thick solid red oak. The base is all poplar, including the turned legs.
I still can't figure out how to insert an image in these messages so see the link below for the photo...

http://www.newwoodworker.com/nww049.html

nww049rndtblelead600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Tom, that is a great looking table. The red oak is beautiful and goes very well with the leg set.

tom hintz

New User
Tom Hintz
Very Nice! I'm sure she is thrilled and can't wait for the chairs.:wsmile:

-Don

Chairs? Oh, that could take another year or two....
If you look at the far right in the photo that mysteriously appeared (thanks DaveO) you can see part of the face frame on the built-in cabinet I have been "working on" for about as long as the table....I think I need to put the drawer fronts on the drawers (yes, they are already installed...) and make the doors to go with all of the cool Blum hinges I have - somewhere.

Last edited:

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Very nice work Tom. :eusa_clap:icon_thum:eusa_clap

I've got some parts bought for projects [strike]months[/strike]...errrr years ago hiding around somewhere as well!!!:gar-La;

Brian.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Very nice and classy. An especially nice job with the profile, proportions and execution on those turned legs!!!!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I see too many legs on pieces like that which are either overdone (too much detail), over-sized, or too dainty for the piece- you hit it right on!!!

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
Nice job Tom, I mean really nice!!!!!!.

Glad to see that you found some time for a great project.

You got my envy for sure.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Very nice Tom. When are you planning to sell it? I assume this is the usual pick-up-at-your-shop arrangement? :rolf:

I love that look, the natural top with the painted legs. Great shine to it.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nicely done, Tom.:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Whatever finishing schedule you used certainly seems to generated admirable results. Very nice country look with plenty of stability. Betcha it will really last and serve you well!:wsmile:

I too am with Alan. Very simple design and a classy look.

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors