WTB: Bits and Pieces for Delta 22-540 Planer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Gottesman

New User
Mark
Hello to all,

Not sure if this should be here or in classifieds, but here goes.

Hope everyone is having a good holiday. I have been cleaning up and greasing the used planer I just got. Thank you all for your input in this purchase. Looks like a good machine and I have found no major problems. Should work great for cleaning up my pallet lumber stash.

I figured that I would help some of the members open up some space in their workshops and check here for some items that I need before I go out to the commercial and or auction sites. Since this 12" planer has been around for about 10 years+ I am hoping that some members my have been hanging on to some parts or remember where they have seen some spares.

First off: I need the knife setting gauge. Or I would also be interested in a set of "Mini planer Pals"?? Little magnetic blocks for blade set up. Maybe someone has a set that is not seeing much use these days since they moved up to a larger machine???

Next I would like to get a spare set of blades or two. These are part# 22-547 from Delta. Double edged / not indexed / about 12.5" long x .75" wide by .125" thick. I would prefer new, but I have the ability to get them sharpened if they are just dull.

I also would be interested in the infeed and outfeed tables (# 134901) if the price was right. And the same with a spare drive belt.

Please contact me with the item and price for any items you have to sell.

Thank you and be careful.

Now back to polishing and waxing.

Mark

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Mark, I have this planer. I don't know how, but I misplaced (lost) my knife setting gauge. I have to borrow a friends now. As for the infeed / outfeed tables, I would just make a sled out of melamine. I can't remember which mag. had an article on building a "table" for this very machine. This machine is still made, it is a Delta ---305 and sold at Lowes. HD got rid of the knives for $5.00 a set a couple years back. After 12 years of use, I am going to have to replace the original set of knives. They are on their second side now. Just no quality any more- HA!

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
If you find the knife setting guage somewhere let me know, I need to get one as well. I picked one of these up a couple of weeks ago. I have not really used it much yet but am looking forward to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS