work in progress update 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

stave

New User
stave
I forgot to post the updates for this Raven carving so I decided to show the current status. I still have work to do but have been letting it percolate to figure out just how far to carry the details on the wing etc. I like the look of it now and just may leave it that way. What do you folks think? Go further or leave as is?

Stave www.stromcarver.com

b4man

New User
Barbara
I couldn't fully appreciate the beauty of this piece until I clicked on to view larger. Wow! :notworthy:

I wonder if a tad more "feathering" extended from the neck to the shoulder would increase the fade effect from detail to perception?

My vote is to go a bit further.:eusa_thin

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
I'm intrigued by the background. Is that a separate piece of wood from the carving? Is it just stained in the darker portion? There is a very crisp line between the darker center and lighter border. How was that accomplished? Beautiful carving and the background adds much to the presentation.

Thanks for sharing.

- Ken.

stave

New User
stave
Ken, the dark area was taped off and sprayed with a stain before I started carving the bird. The effect makes the bird stand out but also creates a graphic arts type look. I am trying to make relief carvings that look like 3-d paintings.
Looks like a little more feathering is in order.

Stave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS