Why ain't it selling

Status
Not open for further replies.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

:slap: grrrrrrrr........... grumble grumble muttering to meself............ god will git ya fer this steve!!!!:rotflm: but I still must resist as I have a 6" jet that works great [no shelix ] but with 3 sets of freshly sharpened knives and............:eusa_booh somebody please snatch this thing so I can sleep in peace knowing I done the right thing.......:wwink:

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
but I still must resist as I have a 6" jet that works great [no shelix ] but with 3 sets of freshly sharpened knives and....

What's that Fred? You've got a Jet that you want to sell even cheaper than Steves? We always have the classifieds ya know :wink_smil

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
This is known as the trickle down economy. :widea:

Somewhere down the line somebody gets a rusty Stanley #8 for free.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
What's that Fred? You've got a Jet that you want to sell even cheaper than Steves? We always have the classifieds ya know :wink_smil

um yeh sorta!:gar-La; acchooally the LOML said go for it but [ there goes that but word again ] cooler heads must prevail. afterall there is arealy nice 6" jointer for sale here already and the deal I would offer prolly wouldnt be as good a deal so I may be chapter 13 before the jet would sell!:rotflm: If it had been an 8" I might have been all over it. prolly before she could spit the words "go fer it" out!:wwink: but upgrading for just a shelix doesnt make much sense to me.:goofy: its a good thing I am unafected by WGD!!!! the meds are working!:wink_smil

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
Same as the rest....always an if! If you were closer?, if I could sell my Powermatic 6"?,if,if! It is a great deal. My only real problem is getting it up to Morganton!

gator

George
Corporate Member
Steve -

Yea, the same as everyone else around here, no money (fixed income, etc). But, before I put it on Craigslist, I would try (are we allowed to say it) some of the other WW forums' classified, WoodCentral, WoodWorksLive, SawMillCreek, WoodNet. Lots of woodworkers out there who might be interested and willing to travel to pick it up, especially if you say upfront that there is no shipping available.

George

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I also would consider it but I just bought David Norby's drill press and I still have to build a base for my sand flee. Sorry.

lottathought

New User
Michael
Now see, I could never own a jointer with a cutter head like that.
What could I possibly blame then for the screwups? :eusa_danc

OK serious....
My thinking is this...
With that cutter head, you are perched in a "hard to sell" zone.

It is too nice and a tad expensive for somebody just getting started with no jointer.
It is only a 6" and anybody more advanced usually wants to step up to an 8".

Last edited:

Sharp Blade

New User
Anna-Catherine

Dang it Steve, that's an awesome offer, but I can't do it. I am saving for my first real bandsaw. :-( I seriously need a jointer too. :-(

Trog777

New User
Trog
Gas_Prices.512.512.jpg

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
If I only had the need for two jointers. That is a better than great deal.

tv

PeteQuad

New User
Peter
It's the pickup that stops me from getting deals like this. If someone were to sell that 5 minutes away, it would probably be too tempting to pass up.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
To the three who did not win. I will be posting my Powermatic 6" Joiner when Steve's Delta comes off the list.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS