Which Lathe Chuck to Buy ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusty Sawyer

New User
David
Buying a new lathe with a different spindle size has put me at a crossroads with my old Grizzley chuck. While it's been a good one for the price, I can see a few issues with it that I don't want to have repeated in the next one I buy.

Without giving too much information about what I think is wrong or am looking to change, I wanted to get everyone's opinion about what they have used or wish they had and why. So what's the best?

Thanks,

David

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
The best for me, after lots of research and saving up money, turned out to be the Oneway Stronghold.

It does cost more, but adaptability, ease of use and strength of holding power sold me and I am still very happy that i spent the extra money for the best.

If your lathe is small, less than 16 inch swing, then the Oneway Talon may be right for you.

Either one will have one screw thread adapter supplied to fit your lathe and you order others to fit a second lathe (if you are so lucky). :mrgreen:

Dusty Sawyer

New User
David
Mike, I guess it would help if I gave a little more info. The lathe that I moved up to is a PM 3520. While small bowls ( 6 to 12 inches ) are nice. I've been wanting to turn much bigger pieces. Hope that puts some extra light on my quest.

thanks,

David

cliff56

cliff
Corporate Member
my first was a grizzly and has served me well then added a woodriver from woodcraft also has served well, most recent was a nova2 very good chuck and all nova jaws and acc interchange , which is convient. have heard many good things about the stronghold and vicmarc just out of my $$ range . maybe this will help.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Hands down ... Oneway Stronghold. Beefy, strong, and quality. A little more mula than others, but not bad (and if you take advantage of the Hartville offer at cost + 10% you'll be better than some others new)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS