Where can I find live/ natural edge ERC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Hey Folks,

My parents recently bought a vacation property near Boone, and I'd like to make them a sign for the front gate as part of their Christmas presents.

Being a vacation spot, I'd like to keep it non-formal, and I'd really like to get my hands on a couple live edge/ natural edge ERC boards, (one for practice - this will be my first sign, and one to count). I'm thinking final dimensions of 10x24 or so, between 8/4 & 4/4. This will be an outdoor sign, so MC isn't an issue. I have a few 6"-4/4 ERC boards in my stash, but I'd really like to find a couple w/ a wild edge for a more rustic look.

If this can't be readily found, I would also be interested in a nice wide (8-10") ERC board so I can avoid a glue-up panel, (I don't know if I would trust the glue to hold up to the elements over time.)

I've tried the local yards, but no luck so far. If anyone has any suggestions, or a board or two they wouldn't mind selling, I'd be most grateful.

Thanks.

Ken Massingale

New User
Ken
I have plenty in loggettes, about 5 feet long. If you don't find any up that way I'll slab out a couple for you Heath.

jayhay

New User
Jay
I might have what you are looking for. I live in Spruce Pine and have a mill that I use to cut my own lumber. My occupation is building rustic furniture so I cut a lot of feature edge lumber. I have a building full of cherry,maple,oak,poplar,ash,pine,locust and others. Let me know if I can help.

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Thanks guys!

It sounds like you have exactly what I'm looking for, too bad you're all at least 2 hrs. away. If I ultimately cant find what I need locally though, I may just hop in the car and make a run one weekend. Thanks again for the help!

Cltwoodman

New User
CltWoodman
I have live edge boards that are very wide and curly. They are kiln dried. Let me know if you still need help.

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Heath,

Mark Patterson in Sanford should either have what you need, or be able to mill it for you. I'll give you his contact info when you stop by to pick up your dado blade.

Scott

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
Thanks for the feedback guys!

It looks like Phillip, (ptt49er), was kind enough to snag me a couple of Kyle's cut-offs when we was up that way a couple of weeks back. He was even kind enough to bring them to Sanford for me! What a guy.:eek:ccasion1

Scott, I'd love to get that contact info from you. I'll touch base w/ you this evening.

Thanks again folks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS