Two small tool gloats (pic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

toolferone

Well I should be posting in 2 different forums but I don't think anyone will mind.

I was in Myrtle Beach last week and found the PC stapler in a pawn shop for $35.00, but that wasn't cheap enough for me so I offered him $30 and he said okay. It is brand new in the box and new it sells for $99.00. I think I did good.

pc%20stapler.jpg

I saw the Record plane in Woodwranglers shop on the Charlotte shop crawl and asked him about it. He told me he was cleaning it for a friend but had not started yet. I asked if the friend would like to sell it. Well We can see the answer to that question. Jeremy brought it up from Charlotte for the S.Raleigh crawl and picked it up from him them. The plane is interesting. It is a #5T. The T stands for techinical. It was designed as a student plane. The side handle can be screwed in either side to help the student keep the plane flat when edge planing. The sides are taller and stronger to resist the force of the handle being pushed. It is pretty cool!

rec%205T%20plane.jpg

redhawknc1

New User
Wayne
2 very nice finds! I love that plane! Unique! I'm more familiar with Stanleys, but that one really intrigues me! I can see why it caught your eye! Great catches on both!

T

toolferone

Wayne, I decided to collect the Record planes a long while back, just to be different.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Looks good man ... glad to see the plane is landing in good hands. As you know, that plane was my friends fathers and has been kept in the box for many, many years.

Nice score on the PC too! What a deal!

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
There's some major ROCKAGE going on in the Ferone Shop. Congratulations on both scores, Tom!

froglips

New User
Jim Campbell
Sweet! I remember when you saw that plane on the crawl. Despite my offers to get it for you using my five fingered discount, you chose the moral high ground. :)

First all those routers, now planes..... you going for some sort of world Record <budump bump>

Jim

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Primo scores there, Tom!

Boy 'o boy, you sure do know how to shop, don't ya?:gar-Bi

Nice toys!:wsmile:

Wayne

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors