Turned some new pens today

Status
Not open for further replies.

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
I just finished my EOG tests at school and thought I would turn some pens today. The first one is a Premium Cigar pen in gold. The wood is Thuya burl with a natural finish. I turned this pen as a Fathers Day gift for my Grandpa.

IMG_9526_1024x768_.JPG

The second one is a pen purchased by Rocker's wife Pam at the picnic. This is a Sierra pen in black titanium and platinum. The wood is cross grain Bubinga with a CA finish.

IMG_9536_1024x768_.JPG

This was the hardest pen I've turned yet. The cross grain Bubinga kept chunking out. :icon_scra This was my third try but I think I finally got it right.:icon_thum
I had fun getting back to turning some pens. :eusa_danc

alex

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice Pens, Alex...I can't even come close to making a pen that pretty!
Keep up the good work

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Excellent work Alex. You are really challenging yourself lately. Cross grain is never a easy turn but the results are stupendous. Your CA finish is looking top notch. I hope you passed your EOG testing as well as you turned these pens. Both Pam and your G-Pa are going to love your creations.
Keep up the good work :icon_thum

Dave:)

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Beautiful pens, You have outdone yourself this time. Hope the tests went the way you wanted them to!!!!!

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
nice job alex!:icon_thum hope the EOG's are as good as those pens.:wink_smil

Rocker

New User
John
Great looking pens, Alex. I hope Pam surprises me with the pen you made for her...its beautiful.
John (Rocker)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Super work, Alex!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

You seem to be taking on some serious pen turning challenges and acing them all!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Fine work, indeed and thanks for sharing.

Wayne

(So tell me. Which do you enjoy more .......EOG testing or turning?:gar-Bi I am sure that you will do well in that camp too!:thumbs_up)

Kenith

New User
Ken Stewart
Great work! The cross grain has always been a problem for me. These are really classy.

Ken

DonEve

New User
Don
Alex! Awesome pens!! I hope I evolve to your skill. Keep it up! I like the CA finish.

Don

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
Super work, Alex!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

You seem to be taking on some serious pen turning challenges and acing them all!!!:icon_thum:icon_thum

Fine work, indeed and thanks for sharing.

Wayne

(So tell me. Which do you enjoy more .......EOG testing or turning?:gar-Bi I am sure that you will do well in that camp too!:thumbs_up)

um let me think :icon_scra

I'll pick turning! :gar-La;

alex

AlexL

New User
Alex Lesniak
thanks everyone. College is expensive so I got to sell a lot of pens to get into medical school

btw, I got a 4 on my math eog :eusa_danc I won't get my other grades till summer

alex

Shavingsinmypockets

New User
Patrick Harrison
Very nice pens! You should try bowl turning, I think you would make some nice pieces. Keep up the good work!:eusa_clap

-Patrick :tinysmile_tongue_t:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS