The power of the dark side, It's Dark In Salisbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Re: The power of the dark side

Ok, proof will have to wait until I get some help to set the lathe on the legs. Darn this is one heavy lathe. My son is off tomorrow and can help me lift it on to the legs. Total out of pocket spent for the 34-706 lathe and some trial "cheap" turning tools was $179.32. I think I did ok even if I fail miserably at turning. 179.32 for a 289.95 lathe ain't half bad. And I had to buy it or else DaveO would have smacked me up side the head after coming through this monitor,. Now I have met Dave and he ain't a small fellow, Don't want him smackin' on me. Proof will have to wait until tomorrow.:eek::rotflm::rotflm:

J

jeff...

(Darth Vader voice on) I have you now! Don't be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed. The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the Force. (Darth Vader voice off)

DaveO

New User
DaveO

Ok, proof will have to wait until I get some help to set the lathe on the legs. I had to buy it or else DaveO would have smacked me up side the head after coming through this monitor. Proof will have to wait until tomorrow.:eek::rotflm::rotflm:

Dang right, you done good. That is a heck of deal. I got mine for $199 plus tax, I already had the $40 turning set to go with it. Before you set it up on the legs you might want to check if it will be at the right height for you. I had to add 4.5" wood blocks to raise the centers to the right height for me, but I "ain't a small fellow".
The centers should be around your elbow height. Your back will thank you for this.

Dave:)

John Jankowski

John
Corporate Member

That's a great lathe! That's what I started out with and then I sold it to my next door neighbor for $100 when I moved up to the 3520B (Mustard Monster). Enjoy the dark side. (And don't be afraid of the skew)

John:thumbs_up

TracyP

Tracy
I promised proof. It is getting dark in Salisbury, Here are a couple of photos proving the purchase. The second photo is just some playing with a piece of cedar. I got a heck of a deal, now I gotta totally re-arrange my little shop.

The dark side has taken hold. Who would like to give me some tips or a demo on turning?:help::icon_scra

M

McRabbet

My deepest condolences to your wife on her loss... but I guess I must still convey my CongROCKulations...

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Rock N' Roll, Tracey!!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Looks good on ya! :wsmile::wsmile:Get the chips a flyin'! Don't forget the purdy square/flat stuff though!

Congratulations on a great deal!

Wayne

TracyP

Tracy
Flat is my favorite, however there are times that round must meet with flat. So I will be able to produce lots of flat and round when needed! You will see more flat than round coming from my shop. I just have a hard time passing up a steal???

John Jankowski

John
Corporate Member
Flat is my favorite, ..... You will see more flat than round coming from my shop....

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

You have no idea of the true power of the Dark Side.

Soon you will start looking at what chucks to buy, what other tools there are, hey some of this lumber I have will make some nice pen blanks, when you hear of windy weather on the news you let all your friends know that if they lose a tree in their yard you would like some of the wood, well a vacuum chuck system would be neat, you go to the Klingspor extravaganza and watch the demos (which are on larger lathes than you have and you start thinking of up-grading your lathe - maybe to a Jet only -- but that Powermatic sure is nice or maybe even a Oneway).

Then one day you notice there are a couple of really big piles of shavings in your shop that you decide to clean them up. You pick up your push broom and start cleaning up when you strike something hard. You clean it up some more and you see orange. With some more shaving removal you find your Ridgid jointer. You move on to the other piles and make other discoveries -- your tablesaw, planer, etc.

But don't worry, it's too late to do anything anyway. No patch, no pill, no 12 step program, no support group, no electroshock therapy will help you now. Just embrace the turning , be the lathe and come on into the light. (Or the dark I should say).:gar-Bi

John

toolman

New User
Chad
YOU ROCK Tracy!!!!!!!!!:notworthy:

The Dark Side has you now!!! John said it best Buy :tool: Buy :tool: :tool: :tool:

Have fun with your new TOY!!!!! :gar-La; :rotflm: :eek:ccasion1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS