The power of the dark side, It's Dark In Salisbury

Status
Not open for further replies.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Well I went to Harbor Freight this weekend to get a set of the digital fractional calipers. Every time I walked by the bigger wood working tools I felt a strange force pulling me ever so much closer. I finally realized that I was there two days before the sale on their lathe was to end. I walked away several times only to venture back to the lathe. I asked the clerk working if they had one in stock, and of course they did not. That was good as it would have went home with me. Then I was at the checkout and the clerk asked me if I wanted to get a rain check on the lathe:dontknow:. So the moral to this story is that the dark side has an awesome power that will pull you in. This is the result of my trip to spend $20.00.

Of course I had to block out my address and all personal info.
I think I have been lured to the Dark side. They are going to call me when the next one comes in.

Last edited:

Terry

New User
Terrence P. Rielly
Re: The power of the dark side

Well I went to Harbor Freight this weekend to get a set of the digital fractional calipers. Every time I walked by the bigger wood working tools I felt a strange force pulling me ever so much closer. I finally realized that I was there two days before the sale on their lathe was to end. I walked away several times only to venture back to the lathe. I asked the clerk working if they had one in stock, and of course they did not. That was good as it would have went home with me. Then I was at the checkout and the clerk asked me if I wanted to get a rain check on the lathe:dontknow:. So the moral to this story is that the dark side has an awesome power that will pull you in. This is the result of my trip to spend $20.00.

Of course I had to block out my address and all personal info.
I think I have been lured to the Dark side. They are going to call me when the next one comes in.

Tracy,
We have all been hit by WG Disease, :notworthy:and now I beleive WG has been enveloped by the Dark Side also.:eusa_doh::gar-La; That BIG DARK HOLE is swollowing all of us through our wallets.:help: I beleive the FORCE :confused_has turned on us!:BangHead: Terry

PChristy

New User
Phillip

Don't feel bad Tracy - that force has been pulling on me as well - but I have been resisting it for awhile now:eusa_danc - but it is getting harder to do so:dontknow: I feel it coming but it will be awhile before I can get the Darth Lathe

DaveO

New User
DaveO

"To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time for every purpose under heaven

A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep

To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time to buy a lathe and join the Dark Side"

Really that is how the Byrds wrote it.... they must turn to, and so shall you :gar-Bi

Dave:)

JackLeg

New User
Reggie

Tracey: BE STRONG, MAN!!! RESIST!! DON'T GIVE IN!:nah::no:

BURN THAT RAIN CHECK! I COULD HAVE FIXED YOU UP WHEN YOU WERE DOWN HERE, BUT, I THINK TOO MUCH OF YOU!!!!!

:rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm::rotflm:

J

jeff...

Grave danger you are in, name, phone number change you should. Wood Lathe 12x36 good is it not. A match you must take, burn the rain check you must. Forget not what you have learned, Once you start down the dark path, forever will it dominate your destiny, consume you it will...

nelsone

New User
Ed

Jeff, do you hear that sweet song, ever so faintly? That's your lathe, the one you secretly have locked away, calling out for your attention. I know you hear her song, sad yet sweet, you have kept her a prisoner. She is longing to spend time with you, in your company, dancing around, around, ..... around.

J

jeff...

Jeff, do you hear that sweet song, ever so faintly? That's your lathe, the one you secretly have locked away, calling out for your attention. I know you hear her song, sad yet sweet, you have kept her a prisoner. She is longing to spend time with you, in your company, dancing around, around, ..... around.

ah... NO

erasmussen

New User
RAS

You dont know the power of the darkside:gar-La;
Make an oland tool while waiting for the lathe:icon_thum

M

McRabbet

Tracy -- you didn't really get the deal -- hold out for when they have them for $179.99! Come on man, you of all people know how to control your urges! Just say NO!

cskipper

Cathy

naw, there's no need to resist. Just to have it waiting for the time you are ready to make things go round and round and round. It will probably even be reassuring since you saved money on it. Just consider it a wise investment for future growth in your wwing skills. :wink_smil

toolman

New User
Chad

Tracy your destiny it is buy the lathe. Join the dark side and peace you will have. Then you will know the POWER of the dark side! And then your destiny will be complete! :tool:

TracyP

Tracy
It gets better or is that worse, Someone from this site sent a coupon to me for 20% off. They just called and it is in now and the manager said I could use the coupon. That makes the price 159.20 plus tax. They have it reserved for me to pick up tonight if I so desire. Don't know how I could resist the temptation, that is 1/2 off of retail:roll::eek:. Should I give in to the dark side:dontknow:. I mean if I build a table with round legs they will have to be turned; right? The force is so strong, it even sends coupons your way:eusa_danc. Thanks Joe:thumbs_up

Last edited:

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member

You can't pass up a deal like that, Tracy. Pay no attention to the naysayers:rotflm:.
Buy the lathe and don't look back. Oh yea, say goodbye to all your free time...

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy

Tracy,

Were you at the Raleigh HF ? Because I know for a fact that they sold the last one on Friday morning.

Well, keep on checking, it will soon be there again. I heard that the $199 lathe won't be in the future for much longer because of the rising cost of steel and transportation costs.

So eventually the Dark Side will get more expensive and price everybody out:gar-La;.

Good Luck,
Jimmy:mrgreen:

DaveO

New User
DaveO

It gets better or is that worse, Someone from this site sent a coupon to me for 20% off. They just called and it is in now and the manager said I could use the coupon. That makes the price 159.20 plus tax. They have it reserved for me to pick up tonight if I so desire. Don't know how I could resist the temptation, that is 1/2 off of retail:roll::eek:. Should I give in to the dark side:dontknow:. I mean if I build a table with round legs they will have to be turned; right? The force is so strong, it even sends coupons your way:eusa_danc. Thanks Joe:thumbs_up

Tracy, if you don't go get that lathe I'm gonna jump through this monitor and smack you up-side the head :slap:
If you don't want it buy it anyway and sell it to someone who does.
Just do it :icon_thum

Dave:)

J

jeff...

Told you I did, name, phone number, change you should. Burn rain check you should have, answer not email, strong is the dark side of the force. Grave danger are you now in. Only the spinny dark lord knows of our weakness. Always two there are, a master and an apprentice. Around the survivors a perimeter create.

TracyP

Tracy

Proof is coming in photos later!:gar-La;:eusa_danc:eusa_clap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS