"Santa" Lumber Run

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Sorry, but I've got to back out. With the lack of good long cherry boards available, and the fact that we are at the end of the run (Raleigh) I think that I'll pass on this run. I've been wanting 100-200 bdft of long cherry KD boards, but since I can't seem to find any KD I'll probably be giving Jack (Saw4you) a call in a few weeks and see what he has available in AD.

Saturday is a busy day for me anyway, sorry that I'll miss Y'all.

Jimmy:mrgreen:

bluthart

New User
Brian
If anyone needs to reach me, my cell phone # is 704-309-4224. I will be making the same stops as Rod. I plan on bringing about 300 BF of Sapele, about 100 BF of Maple, 100 BF red oak, some white oak, brazilian cherry, walnut and poplar.

bluthart

New User
Brian
Here's an update on what I have loaded - I have limits due to only having a 1/2 Chevy and trailer.

- 300 BF of 4/4 Sapele, 8-14' boards. 150BF is spoken for.
- Approximately 150-200 BF of 4/4 cherry 8' boards- slightly sappy but with great figuring. If I get any PM's on this I will load more. All available.
- 50 BF 4/4 Walnut - spoken for
-100 BF 5/4 ND Maple 5' boards with great worm holes and character. - Available.
- Approx. 100 BF 4/4 red oak, nice 5' boards. 70 BF available.
- 5/4 poplar - approx 50 BF available. 5' boards.
- 4/4 poplar - approx 150 BF 6' boards, FAS grade - perfect! all available.

I do not plan on hauling any Brazilian Cherry or White Oak unless I get a specific request. If anyone wants some, I can rearrange a little and honor your request. Thanks and see you along the way! I can be reached at 704-309-4224. Again, please PM me with requests so I can get what you need.

J

jeff...

Tomorrow is the Santa lumber run :eusa_danc - I get to kick back and watch others drool on the lumber, see how Rod and Brian calculate BF. I might even do a little Dozer action and be an enabler - so look out Sawduster :gar-La; I hope Fred comes out - SawDuster drag Fred out it Harbor Freight would you?

Don't know about you guys but it was HOT last lumber run in the HF parking lot. SawDuster saved me with a cold bottle of water. There is no shade on the blacktop but one little ole 1/2 dead maple tree. You might want to think about bringing a hat, sun glasses and some water / something to drink so you can stay cool.

See you guys tomorrow I'm really looking forward to meeting some new members, showing off shop scares and talking woodworking jive :thumbs_up

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Just got back :thumbs_up:icon_thum Rod and his wife Tracy are really great people:eusa_clap:eusa_clap they had some nice wood an turning blanks:eusa_danc Also met Brian and he has some very nice wood on his truck also. Pic's to follow, I highly recommend going out to any of the meeting places today and meet them ad pick up some wood:eusa_danc

Last edited:

lottathought

New User
Michael
Hey...
I was buying the cherry wood as a stockup for something in the future.
In truth, I do not have for any real projects till late fall.
I would like to get my hands on a few pen blanks but I will give up any cherry you had set for me to allow somebody else to have some.
I will catch you on the next run.

bluthart

New User
Brian
It's 2:30 and we have a ton of wood left over. If anyone wants to stop by, we are at Harbor Frieght on Capitol Blvd in Raleigh. We will be here until 4 at least. Call us at 704-309-4224 if you plan to stop by.

Thanks,

Rod and Brian

J

jeff...

Here's some pics of the Raleigh leg of the "santa" lumber run - enjoy - Thanks for having me out Rod and Brian :thumbs_up

P10100186.JPG

P10100176.JPG

P10100165.JPG

P10100157.JPG

P10100143.JPG

P10100137.JPG

P10100127.JPG

P10100115.JPG

P10100106.JPG

P10100911.JPG

P10100089.JPG

P10100711.JPG

P10100615.JPG

P10100517.JPG

P10100424.JPG

I learned to calculate board foot with a "little" calculator :nah: I like Granville County counting better :gar-Bi

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Well I got there at 3:30 and I think I was the last one buying. I would have been there sooner but I had a brain cramp about the time and thought that they would not be there UNTIL 4PM. Oops! :BangHead:

Doug

P.S. Glad to see Sawduster wore his summer overalls and a black T-shirt on such a cold day. :gar-La;

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Great to meet everyone at the Mebane stop! I brought the LOML and she picked out some nice stuff :gar-Bi. Thanks to Rod and Tracy and Brian for taking the time to supply the entire state of NC with wood :wink_smil. It was a blast. We hope to see everyone again, real soon. Here's a pic of me picking through the turning stock with Rod helping out! :icon_thum

THANKS AGAIN!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_danc :icon_thum

bluthart

New User
Brian
I just got back to the homestead and want to take a moment to thank everyone that came by for the Santa Run. Rod and Tracy... I had a great time hanging out with a couple of "strangers" all day. I really enjoyed talking to you both and I think that it was such a bonus to meet such nice people. I appreciate you letting me "tag along" and I would love to get our families together. Tracy - thanks again for your calculator skills. :eusa_clap To everyone else, it was very cool to put names or webnames with faces. It was my first "event " through NCWW and I can't wait to be a part of more of them. Everyone was very friendly and even though it was a long day on the road, it was completely worth it. Maybe now that I made some room in my shop I don't have an excuse to not get down there and make something! Thanks again everyone! See you on the next run!
Brian

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Brian, I will be contacting you soon for some of your wood. I had other plans today and couldn't make the run. I am close to you so you will be hearing from me!! Thank both of you for what you did today!!!

Shayne

New User
Shayne
Thanks again to Rod, Tracy and Brian for putting this together! I know it must have been a long day for you and I truly appreciate your kindness :eusa_clap This was the first lumber run I have attended and I really enjoyed meeting everyone. I was able to snag some nice hunks of wood to try my hand at some turning. I'd like to say I'm jealous of those who had the opportunity at the first two stops who got first dibs, however I was still able to get some really nice wood so I can't complain at all. Thanks again!

Rod

New User
Rod
All,
A quick thank you to all who showed up for the Santa Lumber Run yesterday. Tracy and I were excited to meet you all and are pleased to have met you. We went home with a bit more wood than we had anticipated...but might make it and more available on a future run in early Fall if there is interest.
Thanks again!!!
Rod

ps-pics follow...if I can figure out how to do it.

sawduster

New User
Robert
Thanx Rod and Brian for making this possible. Brian had some of the purdy-est sapele wood I've ever seen ....actually the only sapele wood I've ever seen but it shore was purdy :gar-La;

Dick and Rita brought me cedar from Tracy ( u da man, man :icon_thum )
I scored my first wide cherry and have already planed and started a project with it :eusa_danc
I also got an immense slab of walnut that I have no clue what I;m going to do with, but it's mine , all mine muwhahahahahahahah :evil: :rolf:

Jeff brought Bas some of the widest darn boards I have ever seen !! :eek:
Jeff seemed to enjoy hanging out in the shade and watching others toss wood for a change :mrgreen:

I thoroughly enjoyed meeting Brian, Rod and and Tracy with her mega-pocket calculator :slap:

Good seeing the regulars and as always a great time :icon_thum Hate I missed Doug Robinson ....maybe next time
Thanx folks for making the trip and giving me the opportunity for still more purdy wood :notworthy:

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Robert, glad you liked the cedar, it was my pleasure to give. Hope you can use it.

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Rod and Brian,

I tried to get over there to HF but wasn't available to do so at the time you were there. I was busy from 10am until 4pm, maybe I'll catch you guys next time if you make another run.

Thanks,

Jimmy:mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors