Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Cathy that is awesome! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

I get relaxed just looking at it

Greybeard

New User
Pat
Kathy, that is the most fantastic piece I have seen you create. You are truly an artist in every sense of the word. Keep up the great work! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I like both, but I am most impressed by the walnut. BB is a wonderful dance partner, but walnut likes to lead. Very nice! Which saw do you have?

-Andy

cskipper

Cathy
It took about 10 hours to cut these. I cut them together until the end when I decided that I wasn't capable of making the small details on the boat. I think the thickness and the detail necessary was the problem. Thin blades were difficult with the thickness of the wood, thicker blades did not allow me the detail. Once separated it was easier, mostly because I wasn't worried about the blade diverting and ruining the other piece. I love cutting Walnut, and cutting a single layer of 1/8" BB is very difficult to control the blade. I generally cut at least two of anything when cutting 1/8" BB just because it's easier.

I have a Hegner :eusa_danc. I would not have tried this on my Delta, though it probably was possible.

FuzzWuzz16

New User
Jim Fossler
Cathy,
GREAT work! You've successfully combined two of my favorite things: wood and sailing! :icon_chee VERRRRRY Nice!!

Jim

cskipper

Cathy
Thanks. My only other problem is that I want to keep cutting more challenging pieces - I already have 4 picked out. I think I need an intervention!

rita541

New User
rita cunningham
Cathy

Really nicely done. Where did you get the pattern?
If you want more challaging patterns try some Jeff Zappafinos.
Idid one and until I learned to tape the piece after cutting a
'section I thought I would go crazy. He uses a spiral blade which would scare me to death. A lot of his patterns can be found in Woodworks & crafts magazines.
I have a Hegner and a Delta and I love my Hegner best. The Delta usually sits around and gathers dust.(which it does very well)
Rita

cskipper

Cathy
Thank you. The pattern was from one of the Creative Woodwork & Crafts - probably at least a year ago. I keep looking at Jeff's patterns - the most likely one I think I'll try is Metamorphosis. I've practiced with spirals but would be afraid to try one of his patterns with one until I got a lot more confident with them. And since I have limited shop time, that will probably not be for a very long time. My old saw is also a Delta that just takes up counter space.

John Reeves

John Reeves
Corporate Member
Cathy,

An absolutely beautiful piece or pieces. You really are an inspiration. Talented, patient and meticulous.

Congratulations to you!!

rita541

New User
rita cunningham
Cathy
COWARD... I'm a coward too when it comes to his work. Some day when I have more confidence. I' look in my Woodworking & Crafts magazine... later right now I have almost 20 project in readiness to do. I have over 3 yrs worth of the magazines to check out
Rita

cskipper

Cathy
I'm glad I'm not the only one with a stack of projects. Drives LOML nuts. I started one of oldwes's Chinese flowers the other day. My pile of "some days" (I'm going to cut that pattern) gets shuffled through and added to more often than completed. Oh well. When I worked with spiral blades the other day I finally got the general idea. If I had more time in the shop I'd really make a point of learning to use them. Right now my time is so limited that I hate to use it for practicing instead of cutting.

Ncdawgs1882

New User
Jonathan
Thanks. My only other problem is that I want to keep cutting more challenging pieces - I already have 4 picked out. I think I need an intervention!

We both know the more challenging the piece the greater the reward after its all finished!:jiggy: Maybe we can start a SSA group (scroll saw Anonymous)
not as a intervention but away to come up with more challenging pieces!!!:qgreenjum

cskipper

Cathy
We both know the more challenging the piece the greater the reward after its all finished!:jiggy: Maybe we can start a SSA group (scroll saw Anonymous)
not as a intervention but away to come up with more challenging pieces!!!:qgreenjum

ARGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:slap:

childe

New User
Chris
OK! OK! OK! OK! OK! My name is Chris and I'm a scroll-a-holic too.:wconfused: I Know I'm a little late with this, but nice work Cathy! I love nautical themes.

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS