Sailing Away - finally finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

cskipper

Cathy
This is one of those patterns that you see and think - someday I will feel confident enough to cut that. Well, I thought I was but found it very frustrating- not sure why. Anyway, at least it's cut. The first is cut from Walnut, the second Baltic Birch. The third is just a top view of the clouds - thought the contrasting stripe in the wood was kind of cool.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
WOWY Cathy!!!!

I think that maybe you have "gone over the edge" with this one!!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

This piece raises way too may questions in my mind......"How in the world does she muster up so much patience", especially in todays hectic world!

A fine piece like this must have a real calming affect for ya.

Absolutely terrific work!:wav:

Will you repost when a finish is applied?

Wayne

erasmussen

New User
RAS
Thats really something One of a kind piece for sure:icon_thum

It looks imposable to me:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow Cathy, beautiful work as usual. That is a great pattern. The waves looks so realistic, and you executed them very well. Normally I would be a fan of the Walnut, but with this pattern I will have to say that I prefer the BB better, the details seem crisper, and the lighter color is more appropriate.

Dave:)

Glennbear

Glenn
Beautiful work, just looking at the thin sail stays makes me sweat, your patience is unbelievable.:eusa_clap

sawduster

New User
Robert
I like it ! :eusa_clap the Fowlers make some awesome patterns and you have done this one absolute justice . I continue to marvel at the smoothness and symmetry of your cutting
Good job !! :icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
WOW!! I don't have the patience to sit down and do something like that...How long did you spend cutting on it? I must admit I'm jealous of your shop time! NICE WORK!!

cskipper

Cathy
WOWY Cathy!!!!

I think that maybe you have "gone over the edge" with this one!!! :notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

This piece raises way too may questions in my mind......"How in the world does she muster up so much patience", especially in todays hectic world!

A fine piece like this must have a real calming affect for ya.

Absolutely terrific work!:wav:

Will you repost when a finish is applied?

Wayne

Wayne - it was the most tense I have ever been, and in fact, I didn't scroll anything for about 2 weeks after it was mostly finished. Then I went back and made some final detail cuts, mostly because I had already drilled the holes and it was obviously incomplete. Yes - I'll post it after I apply a finish.

WOW!! I don't have the patience to sit down and do something like that...How long did you spend cutting on it? I must admit I'm jealous of your shop time! NICE WORK!!

It took approximately 10 hours to cut and a gazillion blades :BangHead:. I had a lot of difficulty finding one thin enough for the detail, but thick enough to cut through the thicker Walnut. I cut it over many sessions over many days.

skysharks

New User
John Macmaster
I must bow in awe. to see the detail in those clouds. Such fine cuts and tiny.
I would have broken it, I know I would have.

Fantastic work Cathy.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Cathy, you indeed possess a light touch and delicate hands. Dare I ask how long that piece took?

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
It took approximately 10 hours to cut and a gazillion blades :BangHead:. I had a lot of difficulty finding one thin enough for the detail, but thick enough to cut through the thicker Walnut. I cut it over many sessions over many days.

Cathy .. first let me say that both of those are absolutely beautiful. So does your comment mean that the BB was a piece of cake compared to the walnut? Or was the intricacy of the pattern a booger on both?
The contrast in the wood is very cool by the way. Thanks for the pic.

Will

Last edited:

b4man

New User
Barbara
Oh Cathy, you have set the bar for all with that piece.

:notworthy: :notworthy::notworthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS