recent work

Status
Not open for further replies.

stave

New User
stave
Just finished this panel for a hospital in Minnesota. The panel will hang in a lockdown ward for Traumatic Brain Injuries. The intent of the panel is a sensory stimulant for color and touch.
maplep15.jpg

View image in gallery

The panel is carved basswood and is 48"w x 53"h x 2 3/4" d. The color is latex paint that has been thinned 50% or more and painted on in layers.
Hope you folks like it.
Stave

red

Papa Red
Red
Senior User
That is a great looking tree! What a cool project and for something great.

Red

nelsone

New User
Ed
Stave, that's awesome! How much time do you have in that? Were you commissioned for that or how did that come to be. I imagine it will be very well received!

stave

New User
stave
Thanks for the nice comments.
The panel took about 50 to 60 hours to complete. Should have taken less but my shop was so cold that I had to finish the piece at home. Could not get my shop above 40 degrees.
I got the commission through another forum that I belong to. I also have a 48" x 96" x 3"thick panel to carve for the same hospital. This one will be a distorted aerial view of the city which I will post phots of when finished.

Stave

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Very nice :thumbs_up

What did you use to color the wood. I like the variation of color in the leaves.
Are the leaves applied or carved from 1 piece?

pete

b4man

New User
Barbara
....and when do your classes start?:mrgreen:

I would love to learn how to do that!

I too can't wait to see the next piece.

Barbara

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Awesome work Stave!!!!!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

And. I do mean work!!! It should be obvious to anyone who admires this piece.

I am sure that it will be appreciated and commented upon for a very long time.

Wayne

Glennbear

Glenn
Beautiful work stave. :eusa_clap This is an inspiration to those of us who will most likely have to market our works outside the immediate area. I live in a quite rural area so my cutomer base is somewhat limited. You cannot get a much more profound example of long distance marketing than NC to MN. :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS