Pickup time/place added. Anchorseal Group buy?

Pick up location

• Scott Smiths

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • New Bern Ave- few miles from HF & Klingspor

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Re: Anchorseal Group buy?

As long as your getting Anchorseal I'm in for 5 gallons and if I need to I'll bring a container.Let me know if and when I need to send a check and to who?If you are getting those buckets that have the spouts I'd be interested also.IMHO and I've used both,Anchorseal is better than Sealtite.
Thanx for the organizational effort,
Greg

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith

Gary, I have a few comments:

1 - See what price UC Coatings will extend for a pallet of the 5 gallon containers.
2 - See if they will discount the drum price if we purchase 2 - 3 drums.
3 - I'll be in for 10 to 20 gallons; I'm flexible. I can probably "make up the difference" if you purchase drums or totes and have some extra that you need to sell.
4 - No matter how you receive it, you're talking about some real weight. I'll be glad to volunteer my farm as the delivery and pick-up point. I have the equipment necessary to forklift off a pallet of drums, pails or a tote, and can store it inside. Also, from a shipping perspective my farm is considered to be a "Commercial Address", and we can thus avoid the residential delivery surcharge. Make sure that you let them know that the delivery point is a commercial address, and request that the shipping company call in advance so that a forklift and driver will be available.
5 - If you purchase a pallet of 5 gallon pails, I'd like to mix up my colors somewhat (some red, white and blue).
6- all things considered, if US Coatings will get right with the price, a pallet of 5 gallon pails would probably be the easiest for everybody to manage.

All - try to store it where it will not freeze. It does not work as well after it's been frozen.

Scott

boxxmaker

New User
Ken

If I can get 5 gal for 40 bucks shipped I will take it,I have no way to get a bucket there or come an pick it up (to far) Let me know and where to send the bucks,if this is good.I would want the winter mix.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member

OK. It seems as if there is a preference towards winterized, and 5 gal buckets. I will get up with UC after the thread has run a few more days and we see where we are on qty to see if the rep will work the #'s on 5 gal buckets, he was not flexible today, but qty may change that.

Question for y'all that want less than 5 gal if we are able to go with buckets are you ok with splitting amongst yourselves?

We would need to have split in an even 5, so 2+2+1 or 3+2 unless someone that wants 5 will split out some.

Scott, thanks for the offer of your place. I will take a poll on this at the thread end.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy

[STRIKE]Put me down for 2 gallons. [/STRIKE]

EDIT - Gonzalo (gfernandez) and I will split 5 gallons.

Lately I have been using TB-III, based on advice from bowyers. You couldn't ask for a better seal, but it is more expensive than retail AnchorSeal! :eek: Some people use 1:1 diluted TB-II, with does put it down in the $10/gal range, but I am not convinced that seals as well.

timf67

New User
Tim

Gary,

Here is some info that may help you in your negotiations.

typically there are 48, 5 gallon pails on a pallet. An empty tote costs ~$100 and 48 empty pails cost ~$180. When you factor in the additional labor to label, fill, and hammer closed 48 pails it comes to about $3 more per pail to package 48 pails than to pack one tote. If you include a markup, it would be reasonable to pay a $1 more per gallon for pails than for totes. NOTE, that I say reasonable. It is not uncommon for companies (mine included) to charge $5/gallon more for pails than for drums or totes. It may be convenient for everyone if you buy pails, but I think our best bet is to buy a tote. Totes are easier to repack into pails since they have a drain spout with a ball valve, and if you have a forklift totes are easier to handle and store.

BTW, when I mentioned the pails that I had access to I wasn't planning on selling them to folks, my intent was to round up a few less than perfect - but still very usable - pails to donate to the cause. I can bring a pail with me next weekend to the lumber run at Scott's if you want to see one.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member

Update: I spoke with UC coatings again today. No breaks on a pallet of 5's, no break on drums until 5.

So we are back to the original proposal of 55's or tote. At this point it looks like 55's.

Winterized is going to be $0.25 more a gallon. I will go this route, but would like to bump the 5 gal cost to $37.00 to cover it and still make a donation. Leaving singles the same. I will also order a drum faucet, unless someone has or can get one to fit the 2" bung.

Tim, thanks for the offer of the bucket I am sure that all will be appreciated.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

There was an ad on CL today for empty 5 gallon buckets for .50 each. I was thinking about getting a couple dozen for my own needs.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris

I'm in for 1 gallon. I've never tried harvesting and sealing my own trunks/limbs, but I have my chainsaw out every year for either a sick tree or some trimming...so I ought to give it a try! I see that maybe there is some reconsideration of divvying up into 1 gal quantities and going with only 5 gals...in which case I'll pass. I dunno how long it would take me to use 1 gal, much less 5, so I don't want the stuff sitting around for years.

TIA!
Chris

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User

My company buys 5 gallon HDPE hammer on lid pails with pour spouts in bulk. These are very nice pails that will stay sealed when not in use and you can easily pour off what you need into a secondary container. I think we get them for around $3.75 each. I should be able to round a few of them up if folks want to use them.

Put me down for a 5gal bucket!:icon_thum

boxxmaker

New User
Ken

Hey Gary,ya done got ole bird brain here all confused :dontknow: so what can I get 5 gal shipped to me for.I would love to take the drive over that way,just to meet some of you folks,but I am bustin butt gettin ready for the heritage day festival in about 3 weeks a WCU, and so time ain't allowin for no long trips.Not to mention what it would cost to drive over there. :gar-Cr

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards

Hehe..

It is $9+ gallon ..already palletized in 5 gallon buckets.

What was the total per 5 gallon bucket?

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member

UC price for a 5+ order of 5gal is $58.75. You stuff is is still almost double, the price we are looking at. PPG $5.30 for the winter mix. The point of going with the drum is to save $. Ya know sweat equity.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member

OK, this thread hasn't had any new buyers so lets go ahead and start the $ train to get the order placed. I am going to go ahead and order the 2 55's of winterized. I am sure it won't go to waste. I will sen out a PM to the interested parties.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member

Guys that puts the final pricing to $37.00 for 5's and $9.00 for singles. Containers are up to you to privide, the Lowes 5's are cheap enough, but if Tim or anyone else wants to donate some that would be great. Please just make sure that whatever you use is either exactly a 5 or a 1. I don't mind taking some time to dispense, but I don't reayy want to be filling a bunch of qt. bottles or trying to guess if I have 2 gals in your 5 gallon bucket. :BangHead:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS