Pickup time/place added. Anchorseal Group buy?

Pick up location

• Scott Smiths

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • New Bern Ave- few miles from HF & Klingspor

Votes: 2 18.2%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
I have been thinking that a group buy for some Anchorseal might be in order, so I made a few calls. Here is what we've got.

Anchorseal-clear
55 gal drum-$277.75
275 gal tote-$1388.75

This breaks out as follows:
Anchorseal $5.05/gal

I suggest that at this savings we go with the following pricing $9.00/ 1 gal $37.00/ 5 gal to make a donation of the balance to North Carolina Woodworker. This product retails at $21.99/gal so we would still see a huge savings.:eek:

Please post a reply and include how many gals you would like. I will tally the counts and collect the money on Fri. 9-18-09 this will allow the thread to run for 2 weeks. To avoid Paypal fees, a check is preferred, but if you insist on PP we can work that out. A distribution point will be set up in the Raleigh area and I am sure that as always we can work out some PE's if needed.

At this time you will need to provide a container, but I am still working with UC Coatings on a price for empties.

Myself-5-paid
Mike Davis-5-paid
Jeremy-5-paid
Gonzalo+Andy-5-paid
Nick-5_paid
Stuart-2-paid
Michael-1
Phillip-5-paid
Jay-10 if winterized-paid
Greg-5-paid
Scott S.10-20+ colors if we go buckets.-paid
Ken-5 winterized if can p/e or ship for $5.00-paid
Scott M.-5-paid
Chris M.-1-paid
Matthew-5-paid
Tim-5-paid
James D.-2-paid

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
Re: Anchorseal Group buy?

Why don't you ask Woodcraft if they would extend a discount for a group buy? That way you give a site sponsor business and save money.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

I would buy 5 gallons for $35. Would need help getting it from Raleigh.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy

Both are good ideas...

That stuff is expensive to buy retail and the markup is to the point of ridiculous IMHO. However, I don't need a 55 gallon drum of it either! :rotflm:
I'll keep and eye on this ... I'd be open for a five gallons.

timf67

New User
Tim

My company buys 5 gallon HDPE hammer on lid pails with pour spouts in bulk. These are very nice pails that will stay sealed when not in use and you can easily pour off what you need into a secondary container. I think we get them for around $3.75 each. I should be able to round a few of them up if folks want to use them.

timf67

New User
Tim

That stuff is expensive to buy retail and the markup is to the point of ridiculous IMHO.

UC Coatings is doing okay too considering that it costs them ~$0.90 a gallon to make it... The product is half water, and the other half is wax and a little methanol. My company makes wax emulsions also, and they are very easy to process. I am sure that they can make this stuff for less than $1/gal.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick

I am in for 5gal

Tim I would also like 1 of those pails and lids you are talking about

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy

How far will a gallon go, coverage wise, and how long will it keep?

PChristy

New User
Phillip

[STRIKE]Gary put me down for three gallons please [/STRIKE] make that five gallons

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member

I still have a quart left out of the gallon I bought two or three years ago, I've painted the ends of three or four stacks of 50 Bd Ft each and a dozen small logs. Keep the lid clean and tight and it'll last a while.

If I had more I would have used more, I rationed it because it cost a lot with the shipping for one gallon.

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff

Are you getting the winter mix or summer mix? If you have an option I would recommend you with the winter mix because it won't freeze and can still be used in the summer. Summer mix freezes but you can revive it with a paddle mixer. Of all the logs I end coated I'm on my 5th 5 gallon bucket - a 5 gallon bucket goes a long ways.

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member

I mbought a five gallon bucket three years ago and still have about 2 gallons so I'm all set BUT..... they do sell in five gallon buckets. you may want to ask how much for a pallet of 5's. that solves the container problem for those who want five or ten gallons.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member

Guys, there buckets are not hard to come by neither are 1 gal containers. Lowes sells 5's cheap.

Lid $1.38

Bucket $2.34

and just about any WalMart has 1 gallon cointiners of windshield washer for under a buck. Get washer fluid and Anchorseal!

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member

I mbought a five gallon bucket three years ago and still have about 2 gallons so I'm all set BUT..... they do sell in five gallon buckets. you may want to ask how much for a pallet of 5's. that solves the container problem for those who want five or ten gallons.

UC price for a 5+ order of 5gal is $57.50 ea plus shipping.

https://www.uccoatings.com/Home/WebStore?ProductSKU=AS5G

Guys I looked this over really well before putting it together. I did not call WC and see if they had a better deal as they only sell in gal and qts. I did call Klingspor as they have a product call Seal tite that is simlilar, but they only sell by the gal @ $15.75 or so.

Some other sources of containers are deli's or any place thta uses pickles, old paint containers, basically anything that can be stored air tight.

There is a new product called AS2 it was a little cheaper by $0.25 a gal, but I feared using a new item, if everyone would like to go that route we can, but the price will remain as is since the balance will be given as a donation. I also went with the summer blend as most of us will keep it in the shop and "most" of our shops don't hit freezeing temps. I stored mine in an unheated shop and besides being a little thicker it was fine.
Again if we all would like to go with the winterized I can call and see if the pricing is different.

Guys please lets not overthink this one. Either you want it or you don't we don't really need 101 options.

Sully

New User
jay

Put me down for 10 gallons, assuming we are talking about the winter mix.
J

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors