Newbie from Wilmington

Status
Not open for further replies.

cgrob

New User
Rob
Hello Everyone,

I am Rob from Wilmington. I'm stationed aboard the Coast Guard Cutter Diligence in downtown Wilmington. I have been woodworking for a while now and just founf this site the other day. Great site by the way.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Welcome aboard Rob. As you probably already know, this site has a wealth of knowledgeable folks always willing to share ideas/opinions:eusa_danc . Don't hesitate to chime in! Let us know more about you and the type of WWing you do.
Randy

M

McRabbet

Hey Rob -- Welcome aboard matey! I'm the retired Rob that replied to your earlier post. I've spent many pleasant days on board USCG cutters -- when I was with the EPA doing marine research on the deep water disposal sites off the NJ coast, we were fortunate enough to utilize CG vessels out of Cape May, NJ for multi-day cruises, including some with 2-man submersibles. Also worked with NY District on Governors Island and New England guys on oil spill prevention -- The "Coasties" everywhere were great to work with!

Happy to see you here and hope you'll chime in with questions or answers -- get a Photo Gallery (requested under Other Links) and post some pics!

Rob

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome Rob,

There are at least a couple of our members here from the Wilmington area. I an sure that you get "oodles" of good tips and great ideas from the folks here at NCWW. Many very talented people willing to answer questions from us newbies and provide a lot of support and encouragement! A lot of good suggestions for sources for quality tools and materials as well.

Have Fun,

Wayne

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome aboard Rob!

We have at least one Wilmington member just across the street from you :-D
Frankson (Jeff) volunteers at the Kids Making It organzation in the old hardware store diagonally across from CGS dock at Wilmington. Be sure to stop in some time and say hello.

Enjoy!
Sapwood

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Welcome Rob, I'm glad you joined. I look forward to you participation in the forums and seeing some pictures of your work.
Dave:)

skeeter

New User
Charles
Welcome Rob! It's good to have another "local" aboard. Anyway, this is a great website and all the members love pictures. Just request a photo gallery and show off some of your projects

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Welcome to NCWW Rob. I am glad you could join us here and I look forward to hearing from you. Hey......with the addition of a "Coastie" I think we have all the services officially covered now.

D L

Mavawreck07

New User
Andrew
Welcome Rob, my dad was the satellite dentist for Wilmington when he was stationed at Ft Macon several years ago. Im actually hoping to go to OCS when I graduate from UNC if the minimum GPA requirements dont clothesline me. Look forward to havin ya around.

frankson

New User
Jeff
Rob,

As sapwood noted, I work at the Kids Making It center (15 South Water ST). Stop by for a visit (Tues/Thurs are good for me). We usually have the center open Mon-Thurs for classes and Fri is overflow/catch up day.

By the way, I usually walk past your ship during mornings walks....anyway to meet up?

Jeff
shop # 763-6001

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS