New User - Denver, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
Pete from Denver -- NC that is...

Some forums request an introduction. I don't know if this one does not or not, but here goes. My name is Pete Bucy. I live in Denver, NC, which is about 35 miles NW of Charlotte on Lake Norman. I'm a home builder by trade. I have done woodworking in my garage for about as long as I can remember. With the economy being what it is, I have had some extra time to tear into a few home renovation projects, some of which include finishing the wood shop and building a few cabinets.

I just ordered a new cabinet saw from Grizzly this week and I'm in the market for a new planer. I have been torn between a good lunchbox planer like the Makita or getting a full sized machine, probably from Grizzly.

Pete

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
I'm off to a good start. I posted my introduction in the wrong forum. Well, here goes again.

I'm a home builder and I have a shop in my garage. A lot of the woodworking that I have done over the years has been focused on various custom things that were needed for the homes that I build that I could not get readily done through my subcontractors. These have mostly been built-in's fireplace surrounds, tub surrounds, and the like.

I just ordered a new cabinet saw from Grizzly this week and I'm in the market for a new planer. I'll be replacing a Grizzly contractors table saw that was a bit too heavy to take to a job site and a portable Jet planer. I either want to get a lighter portable planer like the one that Makita sells or one of Grizzly's 15" models.

I live in Denver, NC which is about 35 miles NW of Charlotte on Lake Norman.

Pete

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Pete to our virtual family. We LOVE pictures so please post some samples of you work.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Re: Pete from Denver -- NC that is...

Welcome to the friendliest and best WW site on the web.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the best virtual sawdust pile in the Universe, Pete -- hope you don't mind, but I moved your post into a new thread where you will get the attention you deserve as a new member here! We will look forward to your participation and hope you'll take advantage of posting pictures of that new Grizzly cabinet saw when it arrives! I have a G1023SLX that I bought more than 5 years ago and it is a honey of a saw -- get a good blade for it and a good dado set (Forrest WWII and Freud SD508 are what I use) as soon as you can for it. We have several members in your area, so welcome aboard!

OOps -- looks like I jumped the gun on this one Pete, because you discovered the Who We Are forum before I checked to see if you had found it! As you can see, I wasn't wrong -- you'll get lots of welcome messages here!

Last edited by a moderator:

woodArtz

New User
Bob
Welcome to the group Pete. Sounds like your on the right track with the Grizzly equipment, lots of folks here swear by it. Post some pictures of your work, we love pictures here! :icon_thum

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Welcome Pete! We're all happy to have you join us and excited about he experience and wisdom you're bring to the group. Congrats on the new Griz! Looking forward to getting to know you better.

Travis

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Welcome to the site Pete. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap I'm also in construction by trade and try to do as much woodworking as I can in my free time. :icon_thum Congrats on the new cabinet saw! :eusa_danc This is a great group of folks, so be sure and post often. :icon_thum

sapwood

New User
Roger
Hey, Pete. And welcome to NCWWer!

I think you're going to enjoy the new Grizzly :icon_thum

Roger

bwat

New User
Bill
Welcome to the site! New members are always a treat, especially those "in the neighborhood". :icon_thum Hope to see you around and look forward to your feedback.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Welcome to the site, Pete!:eusa_danc

Glad to see you join us in the fun and look forward to your future participation.

Wayne

Ray Martin

New User
Ray

Hi Pete,

Welcome to NCWW. Always good to have another woodworker join us. As you heard from McRabbet, no real problem in posting to the wrong forum... one of the folks in the mod or admin group can always move things around for you. I think somewhere in this list of replies, you also heard that we want to see photos... as a matter of fact, we love photos... projects, tools, shops, family, shop critters, et cetera. I'm in the home building business too... but only on Saturdays. I've been volunteering with Habitat for Humanity for more than a dozen years.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Welcome Pete.As said this IS the BEST site on the web.Just remember NO PICS DIDN'T HAPPEN:rotflm:.Glad to have someone in this neck of the woods.I'm down the road from you in Lucia.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors