New User - Denver, NC

Status
Not open for further replies.

petebucy4638

Pete
Corporate Member
Re: Pete from Denver -- NC that is...

Welcome to the best virtual sawdust pile in the Universe, Pete -- hope you don't mind, but I moved your post into a new thread where you will get the attention you deserve as a new member here! We will look forward to your participation and hope you'll take advantage of posting pictures of that new Grizzly cabinet saw when it arrives! I have a G1023SLX that I bought more than 5 years ago and it is a honey of a saw -- get a good blade for it and a good dado set (Forrest WWII and Freud SD508 are what I use) as soon as you can for it. We have several members in your area, so welcome aboard!

OOps -- looks like I jumped the gun on this one Pete, because you discovered the Who We Are forum before I checked to see if you had found it! As you can see, I wasn't wrong -- you'll get lots of welcome messages here!

I'm glad that you moved the post - my mistake. The saw that I ordered is the G1023SLWX. The garage shop is already wired for 220v 20 amp and 30 amp outlets. So I decided to get the 5hp model, not that I'll probably ever need that much power, but what the heck. I have a Forrest WWII blade on my Grizzly contractors table saw. It is a sweet blade. I have a Freud dado set, but I don't recall the model number.

I'm leaning toward a Grizzly G0453 planer. It has built in wheels so that I can move it around and it seems to have a good reputation. Being a builder, new tools are a good write off and I have access to some really great trees when we clear lots for a new home. I have a sawmill just a couple of miles from the house too. So a big planer would probably pay for itself in short order.

Thanks for the welcome.

Pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS