new member from Waxhaw, near Charlotte

Status
Not open for further replies.

timsparents

New User
Roger Goldman
Thanks Jeff, although I'm not quite sure what makes me "grown up" other than the fact that I've been here for six decades!
Roger

sapwood

New User
Roger
Welcome Roger! We share the same name and age (60?) . . . however we are light years apart in skills :lol: Glad you joined us and really look forward to you input/pixs.

Roger

timsparents

New User
Roger Goldman
Thanks Roger - I love to have a "brother" in age and name. And who the hell cares about experience and skills. We're all in it for the same reason.
Roger

timsparents

New User
Roger Goldman
A pro? well, maybe, but I turn into a playful child as soon as I enter the shop. No doubt, just like you!
Thanks for the welcome -
Roger

Sweetgum

New User
Brad Keisler
Welcome aboard Roger.

Beautiful work you have there :)

I'm in Waxhaw as well, I live in Weddington Chase (corner of Providence Road and New Town Road).

Great to have you aboard, and very nice to have a "next-door neighbor" a forum member now :p

Okay Roger...I just took a look at your gallery...anytime you need a grunt over to mill wood for you or throw lumber around you just let me know, and I'll zip over. The butterfly box is absolutely AMAZING, and one of the most beautiful things I've ever seen :)

Last edited:

cskipper

Cathy
Roger, welcome to the site. You do spectacular work!!! I look forward to learning a bunch from you!

cskipper

Cathy
Wait a minute - your work is more than spectacular! The oval with roses is a piece I'd love to learn to be able to make. Awesome!!!!:icon_thum

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Roger, when I was at Woodcraft the other day, Tom showed me a conventional album of some of your work and I was in awe.:eusa_clap

I had 2 conflicting reaction, the first was to sell my tools and forget about woodworking :BangHead: and the second was to get my butt in gear and really try to learn more.

Welcome to the site.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Oops just noticed that you have your album on line now.
Armoire.jpg

I am being serious. In this picture I see faces. Was that intentional or am I have flashbacks to the 60's

b4man

New User
Barbara
Roger,
I will know that I have finally arrived to the strata in which I was born to be when I can say I own a "Roger Goldman" piece:icon_sunn
You have elevated my definition of true wealth.

I'd better go back to a paying job and soon if I want to achieve it in this life time. Beautiful.

Barbara

dozer

Mike
Welcome to the group Roger, I have looked at some of your work and I really can't think of a word that would truly be fitting for the talent that you have.

My father did the same type of fine wood working but unfortunately he passed away before I was able to learn very much from him. It is really great to see someone with your talent level that is like myself and feels like a kid in a candy shop every time you walk into a workshop.

Looking forward to being able to see more of your work in the future and hopefully being able to make something as nice as your stuff one day.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Welcome to the website! I live in east Charlotte, so right around the corner. You are obviously a master woodworker, as your work displays. Hopefully we can meet at the next Charlotte area gathering.

Greybeard

New User
Pat
Roger,
Welcome to the site! And as many of the others have said... WOW!! I was amazed at the few pics that Tom posted of your work, but after viewing your album, I am going to have to add Absolutely Amazing!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
I just hope that someday, I will be able to build something as beautiful as some of the stuff in your album!
Welcome aboard!

Pat

timsparents

New User
Roger Goldman
Thanks for the welcome and the kind words, Sweetgum. It's great to have a partner so close. Please call anytime you'd like to visit my shop (843-1122), exchange ideas, and I just might take you up on assisting this old man some time!
Roger

timsparents

New User
Roger Goldman
Thanks for the welcome, Nick. I feel right at home already. Lots of warm friendly exciting people, all loving wood. Wow!
Roger

timsparents

New User
Roger Goldman
You can do it, Cathy. And it is amazing fun, cutting tiny pieces out, shading and scorching them with hot sane, covering them up with tape so you don't know what you have until it is already glued to the substrate and too late to make any changes! Great fun.
Roger

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors