My grandson's Christmas present

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
My grandson, Luke, wanted to give his girlfriend something w/ the UNC logo on it. But after hitting a few stores on the 23rd, he didn't find anything that suited him. So he decided to make her something in the shop.

He did all the layout and carving, then I helped him put the Walnut border around it, and we finished it w/ 3 coats of clear shellac. The shellac is still wet in some of the pics I took.

IMG_25231.JPG

View image in gallery

Of course, she loved it. :wink_smil

Bill

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Glad Luke's to see Luke is still interested in carving :icon_thum

He did a good job and I'm sure his girl friend was impressed!

pete

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
Bill,

That was a quick Christmas present. Have you been taking lessons from FredP? :wink_smil
Luke's carving skills are impressive. Nice job to both of you. :eusa_clap

Steve

JCraig

New User
Jerry
Luke, it really looks great. You really have taken to the carving thing. Keep up the good work.

Truefire

New User
Chris
Looks like you have yourself a shop buddy now, that is a good thing. always fun to have someone to hang out with that has the same loves and passions as we. It is obvious he is a natural and will surely be working wood the remainder of his days. Cool idea, looks good. He did a great job.

Chris

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wow Luke really did pick up on Stave's teaching. That is a gift to be proud of.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Thanks for the kind words, everyone. Yep, Luke is definitely my shop buddy. He is gradually expanding his woodworking interest. He started some time ago w/ just hand tools (he really likes to use a spokeshave), then decided he wanted to try carving (he took Stave's class here at our shop this summer), and is starting to show some interest in another aspect of woodworking (more on that later). :wink_smil

As for how quickly this project came together, it's amazing what a time constraint can do for you. We came home on the 23rd w/ nothing for his girlfriend, except an idea. He did the carving on the 24th; we added the border and finish on the 25th; and he delivered it on the 26th. Whew! :icon_cheers

Bill

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Excellent work Bill (and grandson)! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap And that's not just because I'm a Tarheel fan. :gar-La;

stave

New User
stave
Great job Luke and the finish and border really worked out well. Glad to see the carving came in handy.
Great way to get the ladies too but then once you got them they have expectations...my wife....well I better leave that one alone!:rotflm:
Stave

jhreed

New User
james
And the big winner in this is Bill from Savannah. My 4 year old grandson, Davis, has become interested in making sawdust in Pop Pop's garage. I got him a train kit from Highlands for Christmas. I hope this continues, because it sure makes Pop Pop happy.

Congratulations Bill. And, congratulations Luke, good work. The young lady must be pretty sharp too, to have two men working through Christmas to please her.
James

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS