Mobile Base for Steel City Cabinet Saw

Status
Not open for further replies.

eyekode

New User
Salem
Depends on where you want to spend your time. If you like making stuff for your shop you could build your own. If you like making stuff for your house then just buy a good commercial offering. Welded is better than bolted together. HTC makes some good stuff. I also like the big wheels on the one Steve mentioned. Note that it goes on sale regularly for ~150$.
Good luck!
Salem

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
I've got my TS on the one that uses a plywood base to tie the casters together, and foot pedals to raise and lower.

ehpoole

Administrator
Ethan
I bought a Steel City 3 HP Cabinet saw this weekend and looking for a mobile base. Any thoughts ?

FWIW, Steel City manufactures and sells a mobile base for their cabinet saws. The sell the cabinet-only mobile base for 30" rails, or the cabinet plus table extension mobile base for 52" rails.

I have an older 1-3/4HP Steel City hybrid saw with the Steel City mobile base and have no complaints. I ordered it with my saw but it can also be ordered seperately.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
I have the 1.75 hp ver of the Steel City.

It is mounted on a Delta, 3 point welded metal wheel config.

Will post pics, later, along with model #. Im sure this would run @ $100 or so.

M

Brantnative

Jeff
Corporate Member
I build mobile bases for most of equipment. A piece of 3/4" plywood for the bottom, sized to fit and a 2x2 frame to hold the tool in then large locking catsers on the bottom. 3" locking casters are at Woodcraft for about $10 each but you can sometimes find them on sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS