Marine pen - fresh back from Iraq

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jeff...

Several folks sent pens to my Marine Son Zach in Iraq. Only one pen made it back home with my son Zach. As you can see, the clip is busted off, it has deep scratches where it was exposed, but the bottom 2/3 is in good shape where it was in my son's pocket. It's seen better days, but it still works and writes, despite it's taken a beating. I'm sorry but the other two pens didn't make it back. The important thing is my son made it back :-D

Thanks everyone who made a pen for my son, I thought you would find the pen interesting.

Thanks

Attachments

• Iraq Pen.jpg
    Iraq Pen.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 176

DaveO

New User
DaveO
As long as my pen allowed him to write home at least once it has served it's purpose. And you're right, the only thing that matters is Zach is back. Give him a big THANKS from me. He is appreciated.
Dave:)

CarlaG

New User
Carla
Glad your son made it back!! Give him a big thanks from me and my family. We appreciate all the sacrifices these young men & women make to serve their country.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Jeff, glad to hear your son is back. My prayers go out to him and all the young men and women who have been and are still there!

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member
Jeff,

Glad your son made it home and give him our thanks and respect for his service to our country...God Bless.

Dan C.

J

jeff...

My son Zach just read all your replies. I was mistaken he said he wore the pen on his flak jacket, not his shirt pocket.

Thanks everyone for making his day, he's got a big smile on his face now :-D.

Thanks

MikeH

New User
Mike
Jeff we're glad Zach is back and please tell him thank you for serving!!!! Welcome Home !!!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Jeff
Please give Zack me and my family's Thanks for his service to our country:icon_thum
If you look it is the 2nd from the right and when I get back in the shop I will make him a new one I am happy that he came home in better shape then the pen :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
DSC00484.JPG

J

jeff...

Jeff
Please give Zack me and my family's Thanks for his service to our country:icon_thum
If you look it is the 2nd from the right and when I get back in the shop I will make him a new one I am happy that he came home in better shape then the pen :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
DSC00484.JPG

Thanks Nick for the pen. This is Zach, Jeff's son. Besides, using it to write home with It was used to do paper work on over 1,000 detainees. I also took it on all my raids we went on. It's been lost many times but i always seemed to find it. Please don't make a new pen because it has many memories good and bad. Thank's again.

V/R Lance Corporal Zachary A Mills, USMC

cskipper

Cathy
We're so glad you made it back safely. Thank you for your service and sacrifices made by you and your family. I know you were missed, and part of our prayers. We'll keep you in our prayers if that's okay.

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Thanks Nick for the pen. This is Zach, Jeff's son. Besides, using it to write home with It was used to do paper work on over 1,000 detainees. I also took it on all my raids we went on. It's been lost many times but i always seemed to find it. Please don't make a new pen because it has many memories good and bad. Thank's again.

whew! Glad to hear it, Zach...I was afraid Dave was going to ask you to go back to Iraq if you hadn't written your dad! :rolf: Seriously! Welcome home....

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS