Look What the Big Truck Delivered Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWSmith

New User
David
DSC_00282.JPG

View image in gallery

I will post more photos and details tomorrow once I finish the unpacking and set up. It was positively dripping with cosmoline!:gar-Bi

DWSmith

New User
David
G0453Z it is!

Over the past few years I have had to make do with tools that might not have been up to the tasks I have required them to do. I used up a PowerMatic jointer, my contractors saw was just not up to the use and other tools have failed. So I have decided to bite the bullet and get what will do the job for a long time. It started with the G0490Z 8" jointer with a spiral cutter head. I have been very impressed with its power and performance after a years use. Next was the G0690 table saw and sliding table. It may not be a Unisaw but I can saw for sure that Delta and the others need to look over their shoulders, Grizzly is catching up, at a better price and mostly out of the same Taiwanese factories.

Yesterday the G0453Z showed up replacing a Delta 22-580 13" planer. The Delta has done a great job but I fear it is being overtaxed with what I am asking it to do. I hate blade changes so the spiral head seemed like a great feature for me.

On Thursday the G1030Z2 will be delivered and I hope that will end the tool purchases for a while. I have had one other DC in the past which failed to live up to the manufacturers claims. The Delta 580 DC I have now does an okay job but not as good as what I want so I decided to upgrade to a stronger unit. The next step will be a cyclone to fit in line with the DC.

More photos later today of the planer.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
David,

Congrats on a most excellent tool snag. Of course, we do need to see this thing set up... with some sawdust on it...

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Congrats on a nice tool Score, David! ! ! :icon_thum I'll be very interested in a review after you've had it for awhile and put it to some test. My 15 year old DC-380 knock-off is starting to fade, and I'll have to replace it someday.

Bill

Cato

New User
Bob
David, that planer looks like it will be a shop work horse. Nice that you have the new shop with adequate space to position your equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS