Look What the Big Truck Delivered Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

DWSmith

New User
David
DSC_00282.JPG

View image in gallery

I will post more photos and details tomorrow once I finish the unpacking and set up. It was positively dripping with cosmoline!:gar-Bi

DWSmith

New User
David
G0453Z it is!

Over the past few years I have had to make do with tools that might not have been up to the tasks I have required them to do. I used up a PowerMatic jointer, my contractors saw was just not up to the use and other tools have failed. So I have decided to bite the bullet and get what will do the job for a long time. It started with the G0490Z 8" jointer with a spiral cutter head. I have been very impressed with its power and performance after a years use. Next was the G0690 table saw and sliding table. It may not be a Unisaw but I can saw for sure that Delta and the others need to look over their shoulders, Grizzly is catching up, at a better price and mostly out of the same Taiwanese factories.

Yesterday the G0453Z showed up replacing a Delta 22-580 13" planer. The Delta has done a great job but I fear it is being overtaxed with what I am asking it to do. I hate blade changes so the spiral head seemed like a great feature for me.

On Thursday the G1030Z2 will be delivered and I hope that will end the tool purchases for a while. I have had one other DC in the past which failed to live up to the manufacturers claims. The Delta 580 DC I have now does an okay job but not as good as what I want so I decided to upgrade to a stronger unit. The next step will be a cyclone to fit in line with the DC.

More photos later today of the planer.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
David,

Congrats on a most excellent tool snag. Of course, we do need to see this thing set up... with some sawdust on it...

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Congrats on a nice tool Score, David! ! ! :icon_thum I'll be very interested in a review after you've had it for awhile and put it to some test. My 15 year old DC-380 knock-off is starting to fade, and I'll have to replace it someday.

Bill

Cato

New User
Bob
David, that planer looks like it will be a shop work horse. Nice that you have the new shop with adequate space to position your equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors