LOML Jewelry Box WIP Pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Padauk box, lacewood drawers/back panel, wenge feet. I have assembled and fit the drawers to the box. The feet have since been assembled and attached and lacquered up all. Currently waiting on flocking to dry. Expect to deliver to LOML tomorrow night.

The figure is more pronounced after applying lacquer but these pics give an idea of the look.

BTW, LOML has been very helpful on this project. I have changed dimensions, species, feet size/shape a few times. Lesson learned...next time it'll be a SURPRISE!! Nothing like too much supervision to slow down a project!! :lol: :lol:

Chuck

Attachments

• Cindy Jewelry box 001 Small.jpg
    Cindy Jewelry box 001 Small.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 234
  • Cindy Jewelry box 003 Small.jpg
    Cindy Jewelry box 003 Small.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 217

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That looks great. Lacewood is such a unique wood, I like it a lot. I can't wait to see it all done and finished. How did you end up doing the drawer jointery? They look like they fit very well :eusa_clap :eusa_clap
Dave:)

sapwood

New User
Roger
Chuck,

Great pixs of the lacewood. I've seen so little of it, I didn't realize how beautiful it was. I think LOYL should be proud to fill this one with jewelry :-D

Sapwood

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Wow Chuck, that is one great looking jewelery box.:icon_thum I love the combination of lacewood and padauk together. Is that splines I see added to your miters? I can't wait to see the additional pix of the finished box.

D L

cskipper

Cathy
That's a cool use of Lacewood. The contrast is great - even though it was not the original plan. How will you finish it?

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I am getting close to completion, just flocking 2 drawers at a time and waiting for drying. I'll make inserts for the top few drawers tonight.

Miter splines, drawer pulls and feet are wenge.

The pics shown are unfinished. The finished padauk color will be a little bit darker and more of a red tint than the raw orange color.

Finished with Deft aerosol lacquer gloss, around 8 light coats. The spray cans don't give a perfect pattern but I am pleased with the results.

I ended up mortising the faces and dadoed the sides for the drawer rear (don't know what that joint is called). I will admit that setting the router to get a perfect fit (so the drawer sides were flush with the face) was a pain. I spent a lot of time fitting the drawers to the box/frame.

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS