Not open for further replies.

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
049jointer.jpg

View image in gallery

050bandsawcasters.jpg

View image in gallery

The Ridgid jointer is my large gloat. the casters under it and the bandsaw are my small gloats. The cast iron surfaces on the jointer are like a mirror. They put my Delta equipment to shame. The casters came from Rockler #58866 $34.98/set of 4. They have 1/2" threaded spindle, so I had to drill out so they would fit. The swivel and wheel both lock, so I can position the wheels outboard of the machines for more stability. They work very well on both machines and they dont catch debris like a mobile base plus are cheaper. It is much easier to roll a 200# machine than it is to drag it.
James

erasmussen

New User
RAS
good on ya, very nice jointer. :icon_cheers:icon_cheers
But I am afraid there are going to roll to the bottom of the picture.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Both tools will serve you well, I am sure!

Nice to have stability AND mobility with one install.:wsmile:

Now..............get 'em dusty!!!:gar-Bi

Wayne

Bob Alexander

New User
Bob
Casters are necessary for our small shop. We built cabinets with casters under the table saw, bandsaw, planer/moulder, and lathe. This makes for a lot of flexibility in a small 12x12 shop. My nephew, Don is responsible for the design and construction of most of it.

JCraig

New User
Jerry
James,

I'm happy you got the jointer you wanted. The casters look great on the band saw. I might have to do the same thing to the band saw you helped me get at Lowe's.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey James Congratulations..

Let us know how you like the casters on that jointer.

I don't like mine, but then again they don't lock like yours. And they are welded on. I would love to remove them and get some casters like yours if that is, you like it.

Thanks for sharing and have a great weekend~!

Matthew

Cato

New User
Bob
James, good score. I really have enjoyed my Ridgid jointer in the few months that I have had it.

I have a mobile base on both the jointer, planer, and table saw, and it does make it convenient to wheel them out of the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS