Introducing Myself to NCWW members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Hi all,

My name is Matt. First and foremost, I would like to thank Woodylarry for introducing and recommending membership to NCWW. After reviewing the site and getting tips from Woodylarry, I am thrilled to be part of this community.

I like some members, are new to NC ( Wife and I are formerly from California). I also am new to woodworking. I moved to NC approx 4 years ago, and at almost the same time took up woodworking to primarily do home maintenance and improvements, but branched out with every tool acquisition (pix available). I welcome any and all comments/suggestions !

As an unemployed accountant, I found I really enjoy working with my hands (not just on a keyboard). I also love the creativity of working on a project (can't do that with a set of books without consequences) to its completion.

I do have other hobbies, such as golf, techno gadgets and the like, but with woodworking there is something very tangible and gratifying at work.

I have a part-time job working with a major tool retailer and that endeavor has also reinforced my new found interest in tools and their uses.

It is my sincere goal thru membership to increase my skill level and eventually become an active participating member.

Thanks,
Matt (Splint).

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Welcome Matt. It is great to have you here. We look forward to your input in the forums and seeing some pictures of your work.

GeorgeL

New User
George
Welcome Matt!

You should look into attending the Southside Shop Crawl this weekend. It will be a great way to meet a lot a members in a short time and see some great shops.

George

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Welcome Matt,

We won't hold it against you for being from CA, I'm from NJ originally and they still let me in:dontknow:. Anyway, you've already done the part that appeases the masses by posting pics, so that will go over great. You'll find out that we are more than a website and have many activities going on such as shop crawls, functions with Klingspor, picnics, lunches, breakfasts, and even the ocassional happy hour. If you need any help, just post for. We look forward to your future contributions.

M

McRabbet

Welcome to the site, Matt. Glad that you found us and we look forward to hearing more from you in the forums.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Matt, welcome to NCWW! Terrific choice of user name, I always appreciate it when people give me a reason to start the day with a laugh :) Working for a major tool retailer? Do you take home a cheque or just get paid in store credit? :tool:

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Welcome Matt,

We won't hold it against you for being from CA, I'm from NJ originally and they still let me in:dontknow:. Anyway, you've already done the part that appeases the masses by posting pics, so that will go over great. You'll find out that we are more than a website and have many activities going on such as shop crawls, functions with Klingspor, picnics, lunches, breakfasts, and even the ocassional happy hour. If you need any help, just post for. We look forward to your future contributions.
Thanks Jimmy,
I look forward to these get togethers and appreciate getting that info.

See ya around

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Matt, welcome to NCWW! Terrific choice of user name, I always appreciate it when people give me a reason to start the day with a laugh :) Working for a major tool retailer? Do you take home a cheque or just get paid in store credit? :tool:
Thanks Bas,

For warm welcome. Check?, what check, was hired after employer saw me with sign by freeway entrance, saying "will work for tools", lol. Look forward to hearing from you again.

Matt(Splint)

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Welcome Matt!

You should look into attending the Southside Shop Crawl this weekend. It will be a great way to meet a lot a members in a short time and see some great shops.

George
Thanks George,

Too bad I'll be working all day, but look forward to other events.

See ya around !

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Welcome Matt. I am in Cary too. You are welcome to stop over and talk shop anytime. Just send me a PM.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Hi. And Welcome, Matt!!:wsmile::wsmile:

Glad to hear that you decided to join us. You catch on fast with our request for pictures. You have a fine looking shop there and already started cranking out some fine, solid looking furniture!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Post often and again welcome to Cary and our great website!!!

Wayne

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Hi. And Welcome, Matt!!:wsmile::wsmile:

Glad to hear that you decided to join us. You catch on fast with our request for pictures. You have a fine looking shop there and already started cranking out some fine, solid looking furniture!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

Post often and again welcome to Cary and our great website!!!

Wayne
Thanks so much Wayne,

I really appreciate the warm welcome. Though Im sorry to hear the news about the elbow grease, I could sure use some for my squeking elbow. Oh well, back to Ben Gay!

Cheer!
Matt

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
Hey Matt, let me share a little secret that took me about 6 months to find out. On the bottom right of every posting, there is a button that has two quotes ("") in it. It's next to the "Quote" button. If you click that button....nothing happens! (well, it changes color). But, if you click the "" button for multiple posts, and _then_ click a "Quote" button, the site will quote all those posts in a single reply.

Of course, that doesn't help with boosting the post count, but at some point, it's easier to just say "thank you" in groups of three :)

tom hintz

New User
Tom Hintz
Matt,

Welcome to the site! There are lots of nice, experienced people here to lend a hand if you get stuck on something.
Have fun but be safe first!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS