First small table

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cato

New User
Bob
Made a small table for our screen porch. I guess this would qualify as my first piece of furniture.

Learning curve for me on making a piece of furniture. Learned to laminate the legs, mortise and tenon the skirt, and produce four legs of the same length that sit flat on the floor.

Got to use my new router and router table, so that was nice.

White oak, with golden oak stain and 3 coats of semi-gloss spar urethane since it will go outside on the screen porch.
P1010010.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
You'll be surprised at how many tables need to be made, once the word gets out :gar-La;

Looks very good from here!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Love the simple, clean lines and that great looking white oak!:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Looks great.

Wayne

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Congratulations Bob! :icon_thum Once you've mastered the basics, you'll be amazed at what you can build. Even the most complicated masterpiece starts w/ the basics. :icon_cheers

Bill

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Nice work Bob! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap Tables are a great thing to build to work on M&T joints and lots of other valuable things. Great job! :icon_thum

mgoins

New User
Marvin
Great job, Bob. Nice to get that first project under the belt, huh? Now that you've proven the skill, you'll be amazed at how many projects come out of the woodwork.

Greavous

New User
Chris
Nice one! I really like making tables and blending in various joinery and breadboard edges and the like. Watch out with the mortise and tenon stuff, next thing you know you will own a dedicated mortiser and a heavy duty tenoning jig! (like that is a bad thing, lol)

pviser

New User
paul
A well-made small table, from what I can see. Therein lie some of the basics of woodworking: straight edges, flat tops, snug MT joints, avoidance of glue slop. From this point, a house full of beautiful things can be made. Enjoy and be safe!

Cato

New User
Bob
Wow, thanks for the responses to my table project!!

Same day that I posted I had a family member pass away and have been out of town, so very nice to return and see such responses from my fellow woodworking friends and mentors.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Nicely done, Cato. the joints look tight, and the table is well-proportioned. Did you do this from a plan, or design as you went along?

sbarnhardt

New User
Barney
You folks who can do these types of things have my utmost respect and admiration!

I have neither the talent nor the tools to do something like this, but do have fond memories of my dad doing stuff like this when he was living. He was one of those "old woodworkers" from back in the day when Craftsman power/woodworking tooks meant a whole lot more than they do today. Looking at pictures of projects like this brings back many fond memories and for that I thank each and every one of you!!

:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors