First project complete in new shop

Status
Not open for further replies.

dupont6480

New User
Tim
Well, in between travel, holidays, and an extended visit from my MIL and her extended family; I was able to build and complete my outfeed table (my first project).:icon_cheers Top is one layer of 3/4" cheap ply sandwiched with 3/4" cabinet grade ply on top. The legs are 3/4" ply butted together; screwed, glued and buiscuits. Red oak trim around top and MDF for shelf. In order to get the table top up against the rail; I drilled out (fortsner bit) holes in line with the bolts in the rail. Final touch was adding levelers to the legs, one coat of poly (planned on 2-3 but wind and weather prevented that) and Johnson wax on the top and miter slots. I know you like pictures.
PC240899.JPG

View image in gallery

Happy New Year to all!
Tim

pviser

New User
paul
That's a good solid table for outfeed support and general use. When getting a shop started, it's challenging to make such basic shop furniture without already having available basic shop furniture!

NC_Horn

Duane
Corporate Member
I have been needing to build an outfeed table for some time. Been debating on a stand-alone/bolt on as you have built and a fold down one. Really like the looks of yours so I may just go that way. Looks good.

Duane

dupont6480

New User
Tim
Duane,
Thanks. I looked at quite a few different plans and decided on the wood whisperer's outfeed table. Changed the top design though so I could butt it up against the TS with no gap. It does not bolt to the TS and I can move if required.
Good luck,
Tim

dupont6480

New User
Tim
Thanks Bobby,
Researching different crosscut sled designs. I want to get most of my required jigs etc built before I start any furniture projects.
Tim

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I can never find the will to make one of those - any horizontal surface in my shop is a multipurpose area that is if I can find one that's free.

CDPeters

Master of None
Chris
Looking great there Tim! Looks like the shop is coming together nicely. I need to get out this weekend and clean up my "Santa's Workshop" mess :roll::5sigh:. Funny, there seems to me an awful lot of curly shavings on the floor lately :rotflm:.

dupont6480

New User
Tim
Chris,
Thanks. It feels good to be able to start actually using the tools for projects. Still moving in some hand tools and cleaning some of the old tools I bought on CL. Hope all is going well for you.
Tim

bwat

New User
Bill
Looking good Tim!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum I know you are enjoying the new shop and the outfitting process. Did you ever post pics of the shop after you moved in???

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Nice, sturdy table, Tim. :icon_thum You must have a different relationship w/ your MIL than I had. When she used to come visit, I got a lot more done in the shop. Guess I just didn't want to go in the house. :gar-Bi

Bill

kave

Kettrell
Corporate Member
That's a good solid table for outfeed support and general use. When getting a shop started, it's challenging to make such basic shop furniture without already having available basic shop furniture!

I agree with Paul! That's a really good job on a very functional outfeed table

Kettrell

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Nice work!:icon_thum:icon_thum

You will find that the outfeed table will also really serve well as an assembly table. Nice and firm and roomy.

Well done.

Wayne

dupont6480

New User
Tim
Bill,
Same relationship brother. . . just had BIL, SIL, neices and nephews present also. Hope all is going well with you.
Tim

dupont6480

New User
Tim
Bill,
Thanks and hope all is going well. How is your shop coming? I have not posted any pics other than these since moving in. Just enjoying being in the shop too much. I will try to get some more pics posted. Take care
Tim

T

toolferone

Came out to nice, you need to go ahead and whack it with a hammer or drop a chisel on it, just to get that 1st one out of the way :) !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors