Entertainment Center WIP -- Finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
This is taking way longer than it should.
Cherry frame with pine panels.
The 2 outer doors open out and the center 2 are pocket doors.
Anyway, here's a few WIP photos:

First the concept in SketchUp
TV_Cabinet1.jpg

The top glue up using some very cool clamps - thanks to Jeremy!!!
Top_Glue_Up_2.jpg

Here's the carcass in place
Install_1.jpg

. . . and here's where it sits now
Cabinet8.jpg

. . . and here's the finished product - Just in time for the Turkey Day !!!

Complete_1.JPG

Complete_2.JPG

Thanks for looking . . .

pete

Last edited:

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Re: Entertainment Center WIP

That's going to look sharp! When do you think you'll have it done?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Pete, looks real sweet. keep the play by play coming.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason

Looks great to me Pete! :thumbs_up:thumbs_up Are you going to try and stain either the pine or cherry to get them to match or leave them contrasting? :eusa_thin

DavidF

New User
David

Nice piece! how do you like those panel clamps you show in the top pic? I've been thinking of getting some my self. Are they the ones where you supply a 2 x 2?

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member

Trent - I did some experimenting with finishes and it seems that plain ol' amber shellac gives the best match. I'm not crazy about how it looks by itself but looks "correct" in the room (which is all pine paneling).

David - I like them. They apply pressure all around and keep everything flat. Woodriver 4-Way Pressure clamps. Woodcraft has them for $26.99 or you can borrow them from Jeremy in exchange for a beer or 2 :wink_smil

pete

DavidF

New User
David

Trent - I did some experimenting with finishes and it seems that plain ol' amber shellac gives the best match. I'm not crazy about how it looks by itself but looks "correct" in the room (which is all pine paneling).

David - I like them. They apply pressure all around and keep everything flat. Woodriver 4-Way Pressure clamps. Woodcraft has them for $26.99 or you can borrow them from Jeremy in exchange for a beer or 2 :wink_smil

pete

Thanks, they look as though they would be a very useful addition to my collection!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very, very nice work, Pete!:icon_thum

Sure looks like it was actually built in place. Just belongs.

A very nice way to keep everything nicely organized and definately exumes craftsmanship.

Well done!

Wayne

cpowell

New User
Chuck
I really like it.

You did a fantastic of matching the new piece to the space. It looks great. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

T

toolferone

Nice piece! how do you like those panel clamps you show in the top pic? I've been thinking of getting some my self. Are they the ones where you supply a 2 x 2?

David, I have 4 of these you are welcome to come and borrow to try out if you would like ( I won't even charge you the beer:wink_smil). They do require a dry fit up first to get them set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors