Compass Rose table finished

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
It finally cooled off enough this weekend for me to finish this table that has taken so long. After several days of drying I'll knock the shine off with 0000 steel wool and wax. I don't know what caused the bottom shelf to show up in the pic as it did, glare I quess, but it doesn't really look that way.

Attachments

• 100_0302.jpg
    100_0302.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 245

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Larry, that looks great! It seems to me it already looks 100 years old! Great job!

Larry Rose

New User
Larry Rose
I had hoped everyone would forget about the patch:oops: If you look in the upper left it can be seen but I think it blended in pretty well. I hope after the steel wool takes off some of the gloss that it will be less noticeable. This pic was taken before final finishing. Notice the glue spots beside the ebony inlay. They have since been repaired.

Attachments

• 100_0306.jpg
    100_0306.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 200

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Wow! Awesome job..can barely see the patch...you did GREAT!

The table is absolutely beautiful...it does look like it's already an antique!

Chris

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Larry, you do good work. I love the way you matched colors and grain throughout the piece. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

One day I hope to make something nearly that nice. :)

Chuck

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
:eusa_danc
Wonderful work, Larry!!!:eusa_danc :eusa_clap :eusa_danc :eusa_clap :eusa_danc :eusa_clap

You should be really proud of such a great piece! I am sure that it will be enjoyed for many, many years!

I could only wish that I could do as well!

Great work!

Wayne

kota62

New User
Gary Noble
Beautiful job Larry...
generations should be proud to display that work of art
Gary

DavidF

New User
David
That is a spectacular piece of work Larry, you can be really proud of it - looks like a calendar entry to me, I would vote for it for sure!

dozer

Mike
Great job Larry, it turned out great. You got a nice match on the patch you can only see it if you look hard for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS