Christmas present for LOML

Status
Not open for further replies.

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
One more Christmas present finished (except for sink and plumbing). This is a Gardener's Work Bench for LOML. It is made from cypress (from Turn Bull Lumber). Plenty of space to pot flowers and store her supplies, etc.

DSC03230.JPG
http://www.ncwoodworker.net/pp/data/751/medium/DSC03230.JPG

More photos in gallery.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Dolan
That is a great present for a gardener. Are you going install running water to the bench or have a hose hook up?

dozer

Mike
Wow Dolan that looks great you didn't tell me how nice it turned out. I am sure that she will love it and it looks like it will last for a long time.

skeeter

New User
Charles
Hey Dolan. I'm sure your wife will enjoy the gardenersbench. Home made gifts are always special, and it doesn't hurt when they turn out like the bench. Good job!!

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Dolan, that looks really nice. I love cypress. :icon_thum

But, I must admit I don't know exactly what a Gardener's bench is used for. Is this something you put freestanding in the yard and use to pot plants, etc?

Chuck

MikeF

New User
Mike
Very Nice Dolan:icon_thum My wife would love one. Was it your own design or a plan?

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
Nick - I plan to plumb water to it. I am also going to install a single sink with some "redneck" plumbing (a bucket) to catch the water from the sink. I made run a drain out to the yard later. We are going to put the bench under a side shelter of the old smokehouse we remodeled when we remodeled my home place. I had the plumber run water under the ground to the inside of the smokehouse. Now I will plumb the water through the wall to the bench. This will help with freeze protection.

Chuck - Yes, she will use it when she is potting flowers, etc.

Mike F - I found a basic plan (picture, numbered parts list and dimensions) in a woodworking book I had, but I make several changes to the plan. The plan called for some 2 x 6 stock. I didn't have 2 x 6 cypress so I glued two pieces of cypress together. I planed the rough cut cypress down to 7/8", so all the boards are stout and this thing is solid. My son and I had to struggle to get it out of the shop to haul it to the backyard.

It was a fun project.

sapwood

New User
Roger
Beautiful gardening bench Dolan. In fact, I'm currently swiveling the monitor so LOML doesn't see it :lol: Also like the Cypress choice . . . no treated wood to worry about and it will last a a lifetime or two :icon_thum

Roger

cskipper

Cathy
Doaln, great looking bench! I'm sure she'll love using it.

Roger, you are bad - expect coal in your stocking!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS