China hutch (finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkW

New User
Mark
You may remember me asking about this....
275350.jpg

Well I started with my representation of it. I had to alter it's original diminsions to fit my spot, but I hope I have kept the overall look of the piece.

It's still a work in progress, but here is where I'm at. As usual please look past my paltry photo skills. I would appreciate any comments or recommendations. There are more photos in my album if any are interested.
It is pretty much my first attempt at frameless construction and also using dovetails as a connector. The wood is mahogany.

Thanks for looking..

Finally finished my version of this hutch. It was definately a learning experience for me and while I made several mistakes, it turned out relatively well. It was my first time creating everything from scratch. I was able to turn the feet and make the moldings. All the cabinet joints are sliding dovetails. (I need definate practice there). The finish is ML Campbell Woodsong II stain with several coats of laquer.
My wife has already loaded it with her considerable collection of china and seems very pleased. Again, thanks for any comments or suggestions. They are appreciated.

hutch2.jpg

hutch3.jpg

Last edited:

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Re: China hutch

Your china hutch looks awesome Mark.:icon_thum That is going to be really sharp when you get it completed.

D L

cskipper

Cathy

It looks like you've gotten a great start. Please keep us posted on your progress.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member

Looking good! I couldn't tell from the pics, but are the vertical partitions solid mahogany or edge banded mahogany veneer ply? What kind of finish schedule are you going to use?

dancam

Dan
Corporate Member

Mark,

It looks like you adaptation is way better than the original (i.e. overlay doors on the original and yours w/inset), way to go:eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc .

Dan C.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray

Hey Mark,

The hutch is coming along VERY nicely. Keep the photos coming so we can see the progress. I know the finished project is going to be terrific... mahogany is as beautiful a wood as you can find.

Ray

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Wow, that is really awesome looking. I think I like your version better than the one you showed as your example. You finish looks better IMO.
Great job :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Dave:)

cpowell

Chuck
Senior User
I like the proportions and the finish looks incredible. You really need to post some more detailed pictures. Definitely worth showing off.

Wow!!! :eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Chuck

M

McRabbet

Beautiful work! Nice finish and excellent hardware selection. An heirloom piece to be proud of!

Rob

b4man

New User
Barbara
Mark,
That is some piece of talent and very hard work. The finish is amazing.
Great great job.

Barbara

stoneskippers

New User
John Skipper
Man you would have to post such a great looking hutch at this time. Cathy has that on my long list of things to do. You really have set the bar high for me. Great job and the finish is very good.

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Mark,

Beautiful doesn't begin to describe the hutch. It looks like it was taken from a very high end showroom. The hutch and everything about it is just incredible.

Ray

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS