J

jeff...

4 ~ 5' lengths =
chopping_wood_md_wht.gif

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Got the use of my dad's 753 Bobcat for the week.......
Anybody got a trailer/truck to get it on?
Convoy/lunch?
Saturday?

J

jeff...

Oak

3~4' diameter :thumbs_up

+

4~5' length
dizzy2.gif

/

Think the logs were end sealed? :nah:

=
chop.gif
fire.gif

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Think about the offer. We don't have to decide until Thurs/Fri. Somebody needs to get an address & confirm it'll be there on Sat. & where we're taking it to get sawn.

J

jeff...

From CL ---> "We have a 200 year old red oak tree that was rotted at the bottom, we had it cut down before it fell and have it cut in pieces, the pieces we need removed are about 3-4 foot in diameter and about 4-5 feet long, they are still very solid without rot. I would estimate each piece is around 3 to 400 hundred pounds, have at least 10 of these. If you can load em, you can have it, but be sure you can before anything because we don't have a ton of time on our hands to be meeting with people that can't do it. Thank You. E-mail if interested."

Might want to check on this

a 3' diameter X 5' length = a little over 1 ton (2,262 Lbs)
a 3' circumference (12" diameter) x 5' long = 252 lbs

a 4' diameter X 5' length = a little over 2 tons (4,021Lbs)
a 4' circumference (16" diameter) x 5' long = 447 lbs

Something just don't seem right :icon_scra

Hope it all works out for you :thumbs_up

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
a 3' diameter X 5' length = a little over 1 ton (2,262 Lbs)
a 3' circumference (12" diameter) x 5' long = 252 lbs

a 4' diameter X 5' length = a little over 2 ton2 (4,021Lbs)
a 4' circumference (16" diameter) x 5' long = 447 lbs

Something just don't seem right :icon_scra

Whoa, guys! The Bobcat is only good for about 15-1800#. Let's be sure about these weights. I don't mind pushing them around, but to get them on someone's trailer may be more hazardous - even rolling them up a side ramp.

MikeH

New User
Mike
I have a feeling they are really 3-4 feet in circumference like you guys are saying, not diameter.

I agree. That would be a HUGE tree otherwise. I've sent an email asking for pictures with some reference for size so we can figure out if we need a crane. :rotflm:

MikeH

New User
Mike
Well I got a reply from the owner of the Oak. See below:

"reference to size, figure an S-10 pick up with a short bed, one piece will almost fill the bed. 3 to 4 foot around, 4 feet long. From what a tree expert told me, these probably weigh in around 1100 to 1700 lbs.each without question"

I'll bet Jeff is closer on the weight. This is definitely out of my league, I would be more than glad to help if someone wanted to do this. Let me know.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy

"reference to size, figure an S-10 pick up with a short bed, one piece will almost fill the bed. 3 to 4 foot around, 4 feet long. From what a tree expert told me, these probably weigh in around 1100 to 1700 lbs.each without question"

I'll bet Jeff is closer on the weight. This is definitely out of my league, I would be more than glad to help if someone wanted to do this. Let me know.

I would be willing to help with manpower if this materializes and if it is on a Saturday or Sunday.

J

jeff...

You guys be careful - remember logs are some what round. I've had more than one that seemed to have a mind of it's own and get the better of me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors