Charlotte Carving Redux

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
I'd start another thread for our 2nd meeting.

For those that didn't follow the original thread:
The plan is for everyone to pick out a project to work on. There are lots of free plans on the web or I have a couple of tutorials you can follow if you want to do that. Bring whatever you have for tools and wood. There will be enough chisels and gouges to share if you don't have your own tools.

Proposed Date = Saturday, Nov. 1

Looking for input. . .

pete

Last edited:

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I should be okay with that, I hadn't decided to go to the show anyway. I would prefer this plus it is closer than having to go to Hickory with gas the way it. Hopefully it will not be an issue then but who knows. :) Do we know where we are going to have it this time?

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
I plan on attending the Klingspor show ... so that's probably out for me. That's okay though ... I'll just have to learn on my own ...:wconfused::gar-La;

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
I doubt I will be able to drive to Charlotte every month. I did enjoy the time together and Feel inspired to get on with my carving. I've had a mental block lately, but that is kinda normal for me. I usually work in fits and spurts.

I realized on the way home when I stopped at Jerry's that I really want to spend more time with him, we seem to speak the same language more than anyone else I know and I think I can learn more from him than anyone else I know. So, if I go anywhere this year it will be to Salisbury.

nelsone

New User
Ed
Pete, I'm not committed to the Klingspor show, but if things work out I wouldn't mind going again this year. How about postponing a week?

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
I know gas is in short supply but that's an awfully long run :gar-La;

pete

That's the truth... I would probably die. Actually I know I would or it I would make it for next years show..:gar-La; I am in great shape if you consider round a great shape.. :rotflm:

ccccarving

New User
Charles
By the way if anyone is intrested the carving club I attend is free and meets in Thomasville every 4th Sunday. We always have a demo, and door prizes.

Charlie

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
By the way if anyone is intrested the carving club I attend is free and meets in Thomasville every 4th Sunday. We always have a demo, and door prizes.

Are there any relief carvers there or is it all "for the birds" :slap:

Where in Thomasville?

pete

ccccarving

New User
Charles
It's not just for the birds, there are very few bird carvers attending.(Only 2) Most of the guys and gals are caricature carvers. We do a little of everything. Our current project is Christmas ornaments. Everyone is doing 3 and donating them to a hospital to auction off. Benefits go to the elderly. We meet at the community center across from the big chair.

Charlie

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Cool - Start up around 10 - Have lunch around 1 - end up whenever.

If anyone needs a project/plan I have Chris Pye's Ornamental Carving DVD.
"This DVD includes over 2 hours of expert instruction in carving an attractive and adaptable leaf decoration."
It's a good dvd. Very detailed instruction.

pete

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Bump - Reminder - Inquiry - :mrgreen:

Still set for this Saturday (Nov. 1)
Still coming????

pete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors