Candle stand-Claro graft walnut and big leaf maple burl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
Finally finished a candle stand so I can put my glasses down beside the bed instead of accrss the room at night. The wood is Claro graft (english and Claro Walnut(California) and the top is Big leaf maple burl (Oregon)

I did an inlay (maple burl)around the joints of the feet and put "boots" on the feet as well.

Well back to the boat and chest.

Attachments

• 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 238
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 247
  • 05.jpg
    05.jpg
    124.1 KB · Views: 271
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 251
M

McRabbet

Nice piece, Kyle -- sure must be nice to have those beautiful woods so close at hand for projects. Nice workmanship!

Rob

DaveO

New User
DaveO
WOW, you did all that on your Woodmiser :lol: :lol: :lol:

Beautiful work, must be awesome to saw the log, and make something beautiful out of it.

Dave:)

J

jeff...

Nice table Kyle :icon_thum.

I've been trying to stay out of my wood shop. There's a snake in there. I only got a glimps of it, before it headed behind the workbench, it's looked to be about 4' long. It's most likley just a black snake.

It's just too dang hot to be messing around with snakes at the moment. So he can have the shop for a while. Would be cool it he would finish cutting up the pieces for my daughters desk as long as he's in there.

I figure he'll get hungry and move on soon enough... There's not much to eat in there but sawdust anyways.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Way Cool, Kyle!!!!!:eusa_danc :eusa_danc :eusa_danc

The foot design is awesome! (I believe that that top would nicely hold a couple of cold one's very well beside my burp chair!!!!:lol: :lol: )

The top sure has a terrific figure!!!

Wayne

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
not really. It turned pretty well on the shopsmith. I lowered the speed and tried not to hog out the wood and used a sharp gouge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS