Bookcase Complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

davejones

New User
Dave
:icon_cheers It is done! :icon_cheers

Still have lots to learn, but I had fun and actually built something that is functional and should last a long time.

I'm ready for the next project, but SWMBO says that the next one is re-grouting the kitchen. :gar-Cr I would much rather go to the shop and build something.

The requisite pics:

A little detail, but not too much :rolf:(this is my first real project):

And one just to prove that it is functional:

BTW, thanks to all here for the help along the way!

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Very nice work, Dave!!!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc

You did a dandy job on the panel doors in the base cabinet. Nice selection of hardware too. Betcha its solid and will last and last!

Love that QS oak.:wsmile::wsmile:

Wayne

(Get crackin' on that grout work so you can get back into the shop.:gar-Bi I have been putting off a painting and wallpaper job in a bedroom too. Don't think I can get away with too many more weeks though.:BangHead::BangHead:)

rcauley

New User
bubblehead
Very nice work, I especially liked the doors. My very first projects were similar to these, but not as sturdy looking and they have lasted for 20 years now (that many years is hard to say).

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Nice work Dave... Did you use any plans for that? I am going to do something similar in our bonus room.

davejones

New User
Dave
Thanks for all the kind words everyone. I too am looking forward to the next project (not the grout, the next woodworking project:rotflm:).

Kevin,
I drew up my own plans for this. I stole ideas from where ever I could find them and just combined them into something that I thought I could do with the tools I have. Of course, there were a few tools that I just had to have, or so I told my wife!

Dave

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Dave, that's what I was thinking about doing. They are going to have to be a custom size so I have just been looking at different plans out there to get ideas..

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Very good looking bookcase. It looks right at home in the space you put it in.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Nice design AND execution, Dave! One of these days maybe I'll have time to work on a project:eusa_pray.
Enjoy the time you get to spend in the shop but don't forget to take care of Momma!!!

CrealBilly

New User
Jeff
I don't know anyone who doesn't like QSRO except DavidF :gar-La;

Seriously, nice work on that bookcase and nice mixing it up with Plain and Quarter Sawn. I especially like the worm holes :thumbs_up

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Great design. I think you did a fine job on the finish - the color looks very uniform, too. :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Sound like you're looking forward to the grout work! :nah:

Chuck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS