Beech Premier Cigar Pen - My Thid Pen

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Hey Everyone,

I finally Turned my Third pen....:swoon: That took me forever.

Well I gave it to my Dad in Memory of his Mother (My Grandma Bills) who died 27 Sept 2009.

Here's a couple pics of the Pen & the Reciever, Dennis Bills, my Dad.

Beech wood from Erasmussen (Earl)... Thanks Earl~!:icon_thum

My Dad, Dennis Bills, and Me

Thanks For looking :icon_thum And I hope I did alright on it~?

gfernandez

New User
Gonzalo
Alright?? You did great!
I really like the color of the wood, and your dad looks happy as can be.
Congratulations!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
You done good.
Don't wanna capture the thread, but I gave pens to all my family last year. They really loved them. This year my sister wants all of us to do a handwritten letter to our parents for a scrapbook. They are 85 + 83. I told her the letters had to be written with MY pens! She said' "Absolutley". You'll find families & friends really enjoy them.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Great looking pen. That is some neat looking wood. It matches that kit very well. I don't think I have actually sold a pen since I started making them. I just give them all away to friends/family.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Great looking pen. That is some neat looking wood. It matches that kit very well. I don't think I have actually sold a pen since I started making them. I just give them all away to friends/family.

Thanks Everyone for the kind comments so far...

Rcflyer... Really haven't sold one pen yet. Thats funny, me either :gar-Bi Then again I have only made three. I know you have made plenty.

I have a few people from church that say they want to buy some of my Bowls and pens...Will see if it comes true. It would be nice to make money during Christmas, instead of it all going towards it. :rotflm:

Matthew

Last edited:

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Looks good.
It looks like your dad likes it, thats what counts.

He doesn't smile much for pictures, :no: but he kept pulling it out of his Pocket and looking at it :elvis: and saying wow, and smiling :gar-Bi. Then he would keep saying to the family, have you seen the coolest pen I have ever recieved? Have you seen my new cool pen? He kept saying those lines, and it made me feel good to know I had touched his heart, He also gave me a big hug and told me he is proud of me. :icon_thum Very nice to hear! :gar-Bi

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Alright?? You did great!
I really like the color of the wood, and your dad looks happy as can be.
Congratulations!

Thanks Gonzalo,

I really like the color of the wood too, it's amazing how different it looked from all angles.

Now I gotta find some more of that Beech!!! Hint hint anyone!!! :wink_smil

sawduster

New User
Robert
Dood , that [PIE]ROX[/PIE] !!! :icon_thum :banana:

I'm dyin to do a see-gar pen .......just ordered some kits

Nice job bro :icon_thum

bwat

New User
Bill
Always nice when you can gift your work to anyone who appreciates it, especially family! :icon_thum Makes you want to get back in the shop!

mikeacg

New User
Mike
Love the wood! When I first looked at the small pics it almost looked like a design or graphic in the wood. Very nice!

jhreed

james
Corporate Member
Stay close to your dad. most people only get one. I would love to give my dad a pen. He passed in 1961.
Good work.
James

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Love the wood! When I first looked at the small pics it almost looked like a design or graphic in the wood. Very nice!

Wow thanks. Yeah thats all Natural Beech right there, not sure if its considered spalted or not, but sure looks cool~!

Matthew

Stay close to your dad. most people only get one. I would love to give my dad a pen. He passed in 1961.
Good work.
James

Will do James. Sorry to hear about your dad passing, sounds like it was a little too earliy.

PS my Mom was born in 1961 to show you how young I am. :elvis:

Scwood

New User
BigJoe
Wow,you went for the cigar kit on your third pen.Great pen!!!!!!! It took me about 20 slims and euro pens before I was brave enough to take on a cigar kit. Again great job!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS