Another trip to the Woodworking Source

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
:icon_thum Good on ya, Scott, for giving Dave help w/transport.

One question: why is there only one pic of Dave doing any work? :rolleyes:

Remember, it ain't the size of the tool but how much wood it can take off that counts.

Rob

New User
Rob
I can see that I'm going to have to go visit this place. Maybe when I get ready to purchase my bandsaw.

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Congrats, Dave and Scott on the toyls, and all those who lent a helping hand. The NCWWer spirit is alive and well:icon_thum

Y'all ROCK!:eusa_danc

Partman

Danny
Corporate Member
I went to the Woodworking show in Charlotte. :cool: My wife went with me to keep me from spending to much. :nah: I said lets go see were Rick's place was, :eusa_thin put his address it GPS took us right to it. :icon_thum We pull it and what a surprise to see all of the NCWWers. :eek: Was good to get to see all of you.

Danny

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
Way to Go Dave and Scott on the new tools!

And way to go to everyone that helped! This is why this place ROCKS!

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Congrats to you and Scott. :eusa_danc

Glad to hear nobody strained a back and both machines stayed on the trailer for the duration.

I am very happy both of you were able to get such nice machines. For Scott it seems like the rise of the Phoenix, and for Dave it seems like poetic justice. I love it when well deserving folks get rewarded. Enjoy.

Chuck

DaveO

New User
DaveO
:icon_thum Good on ya, Scott, for giving Dave help w/transport.

One question: why is there only one pic of Dave doing any work? :rolleyes:

Remember, it ain't the size of the tool but how much wood it can take off that counts.

I was the one taking most of the pics...that's work isn't :dontknow:
According to your rule I win this round.

Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I went to the Woodworking show in Charlotte. :cool: My wife went with me to keep me from spending to much. :nah: I said lets go see were Rick's place was, :eusa_thin put his address it GPS took us right to it. :icon_thum We pull it and what a surprise to see all of the NCWWers. :eek: Was good to get to see all of you.

Danny

Danny all this time I thought your drove out of your way just to meet me. Oh well, I was good to finally meet you, and I'm glad you showed up at a good time.
Dave:)

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Many thanks to all for the kind words; it was a great day! Tonight the new widebelt sander is resting in it's new shop; but I may move it around a bit before determining it's final location though.

One other thing that I did this morning was to peruse the NCWoodworker archives regarding good books on cabinet making. Thanks for some very sage advice that was previously provide, Amazon.com received an order for several great books!

I plan on using these to help me build the cabinets for the shop.

Here's what I invested in; it looks like they should cover a lot of bases in addition to what I already have:

Building Kitchen Cabinets"
Udo Schmidt

"Building Traditional Kitchen Cabinets: Completely Revised and Updated"
Jim Tolpin;

"Illustrated Cabinetmaking: How to Design and Construct Furniture That Works"
Bill Hylton;

"Shop Drawings for Craftsman Interiors: Cabinets, Moldings & Built-Ins for Every Room in the Home (Shop Drawings series)"
Robert W. Lang

"The Complete Kitchen Cabinetmaker: Shop Drawings and Professional Methods for Designing and Constructing Every Kind of Kitchen and Built-In Cabinet"
Robert W. Lang;

"Cabinetmaking and Millwork"
John Louis Feirer; Hardcover;

I'm excited that I was able to obtain the Feirer and Hylton books, and the rest are just gravy.

Man, what a great site and group of folks. NCWoodworker ROCKS!

Scott

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Well it was great bumping into everybody,seeing Dave and meeting Scott.As far as tools,definitely an aircraft carrier of a jointer and a super sander to go with all the other "Toys" that Scott has obtained.Besides,helping to load New Toys is always fun.
Greg

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
One other thing that I did this morning was to peruse the NCWoodworker archives regarding good books on cabinet making. Thanks for some very sage advice that was previously provide, Amazon.com received an order for several great books!

I plan on using these to help me build the cabinets for the shop.

Here's what I invested in; it looks like they should cover a lot of bases in addition to what I already have:

Building Kitchen Cabinets"
Udo Schmidt

"Building Traditional Kitchen Cabinets: Completely Revised and Updated"
Jim Tolpin;

"Illustrated Cabinetmaking: How to Design and Construct Furniture That Works"
Bill Hylton;

"Shop Drawings for Craftsman Interiors: Cabinets, Moldings & Built-Ins for Every Room in the Home (Shop Drawings series)"
Robert W. Lang

"The Complete Kitchen Cabinetmaker: Shop Drawings and Professional Methods for Designing and Constructing Every Kind of Kitchen and Built-In Cabinet"
Robert W. Lang;

"Cabinetmaking and Millwork"
John Louis Feirer; Hardcover;

I'm excited that I was able to obtain the Feirer and Hylton books, and the rest are just gravy.

Man, what a great site and group of folks. NCWoodworker ROCKS!

Scott

Scott,

Sounds to me that you are also getting ready for a SERIOUS PLYWOOD RUN in the not too distant future!!!!:wsmile::wsmile:

Take care and have fun with the cabinet work.

Wayne

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
Scott,

Sounds to me that you are also getting ready for a SERIOUS PLYWOOD RUN in the not too distant future!!!!:wsmile::wsmile:

Take care and have fun with the cabinet work.

Wayne

Thanks Wayne. I'm going to try to use solid oak as much as possible (I get a pretty good deal on KD oak....:gar-La;), but I'm sure that a lot of the internal components will be plywood. I may experiment with a little QSRO veneering on some outer skins too.

Glennbear

Glenn
Congratulations Scott, nice book gloat. I have another book by Feirer and have found it extremely valuable :wsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS