And yes another one but last one from me for now

Status
Not open for further replies.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
This is the last pen for awhile it is CORIAN. After turning 36 pens for gifts and 21 for the troops and some that sold I am done for now

DSC00550.JPG

DSC00556.JPG

I have some bowls to turn and when they are done I will be turning this

DSC00559.JPG

It is 11 x 11 x 6 curly sycamore from Jeff. Then I have some shop jigs and some other projects that need to be made now that I do not need the crutches :eusa_danc

Last edited:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Re: And yes another one but last fom me for now

Sweet pen Nick. I can't wait to see how that Sycamore turns out. My hunk is waiting on me to finish all my Xmas gifts, before I can start to mangle it :lol: :lol:

57 pens...you really need to go back to work :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave:)

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Re: And yes another one but last fom me for now

That Corian really looks nice, Nick!

I swear that you guys can turn just about anything into a masterpiece!

That is really a whole lot of pens in a short period of time, Nick. I agree with Dave, time to switch to a new project!

Congrats on throwing away those old crutches! You must feel "free as bird"!

Great work......as usual, Nick!:eusa_clap :eusa_clap :eusa_clap

Wayne

jerrye

New User
Jerry
Nice! As usual. You're off the crutches? GREAT! Did you or will you have to get the other surgery?

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
I remember being on crutches for a week, very glad to have given them up!

great looking pen!!!

J

jeff...

Great to hear your off the crutches :rolf: (party time). Corian hu? man ya'll will turn just about anything into a great looking pen - look at that pen, AWESOME 8-O

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Thanks All :icon_thum
I have been on the crutches for about one year on and off ( off about 1 1/2 months ) So I am happy:eusa_danc :eusa_danc to be walking but I am still in the brace.
Eagle
I will still turn pens I like it but I have been putting off work that need to be done in the shop and some customer jobs that need to get done also.

Jerry
I hope no more surgeries but only time will tell

Mike I would turn some thing from the crutches but they are hollow :rolf: :rolf:
Mike come by anything time and we can turn something:icon_thum :icon_thum

sapwood

New User
Roger
Striking pens Nick! And probably indestructable :lol:
Was the Corian hard? Are your chisels a half inch shorter now?

Roger

skeeter

New User
Charles
Corian pen turned out great. Glad to hear you're off the crutches. Been there, done that, no fun!! You could always turn a few pens from the crutches, just to remember.

NZAPP1

New User
Nick
Roger
It was a hard material and smelled like plastic when turning. I have white dust all over the lathe that sticks not like wood that drops to the bench. I did have to sharpen the tools twice though :rolf:

cskipper

Cathy
Gee Nick, if the crutches are already hollow surely there is some way to utilize them - maybe a pen for King Kong :lol: Glad to hear you are off the crutches. Then pen looks great.

M

McRabbet

Glad to hear that you can now hobble around on your two legs -- I'm sure you are happy the crutches are history! Pens turning has been magnificent -- loking forward to seeing the bowls....

Rob

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
very nice! In fact, I was meandering through your gallery and noticed something...you do nice work :) I'm really anxious to see your bowls after looking at the items currently in your gallery.

Cheers,
Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors