Search results

1. dancam

Planes for Sale

I've begun cleaning out my shop cabinets and have some planes I no longer need or use. The first is a Stanley Bailey No. 3, and it's in good shape. The Rosewood Tote and Handle are smooth with no cracks or dents. Japaning is in very good condition, with no rust or pitting. Comes with an...
  2. dancam

REDUCED STANLEY No. 20 CIRCULAR COMPASS PLANE

I am selling a STANLEY No. 20 CIRCULAR COMPASS PLANE. In very good user condition with most of the Japaning intact and no rust. Reduced from $125.00 to $95.00 plus shipping or P/U Asheville area or NCWW PE. PM if interested.
  3. dancam

Lie Nielsen No. 4-1/2 Smooth Plane

SALE PENDING Lie Nielsen No. 4-1/2 Smooth Plane, Solidly built, is the ultimate iron body smoothing plane. It is longer, wider, and heavier than the No. 4, and its extra thick blade eliminates the possibility of chatter. The dimensions are 10-3/8" long, the blade is 2-3/8" wide x .140" thick...
  4. dancam

Dove Tail Saws

For Sale, 1 Dove Tail Saw. Jared Green saw is SOLD. The bottom is a Tom Florip 9” x 1 5/8” progressive tooth saw with a brass spine and a Walnut grip. The price is $165.00. I can ship for $10.00 Can also P/U local Asheville area. PM me if you are interested.
  5. dancam

Blue Spruce Dove Tail Chisels

SALE PENDING A brand-new set of Blue Spruce Dove Tail Chisels. The standard set is 1/8”, ¼”,3/8” & ½ “. This set also includes an additional 5/8”, so 5 chisels in all, and they are still with their wax coating and wrapped in rust inhibitor paper. The handles are standard-size Resin-Infused...
  6. dancam

Fine Spirits Cabinet-UPDATE

I just finished another Fine Spirits Cabinet, which is for our home. The carcass is Claro Walnut with a cherry slat back. The door is figured Claro Walnut with a Curly Maple panel. The cabinet is sized to fit a nook in our dining room. The ball-tipped hinges and knob are from Horton Brass. I...
  7. dancam

New Jewelry Box

I just finished up a commission for another jewelry box. This commission was from my wife for a wedding gift for a dear friend's daughter, and we'll be delivering this to a reception in Simi Valley, CA, in May. The box is a grain wrap Claro Walnut with a walnut crotch veneered panel on the top...
  8. dancam

Fine Woodworking Magazine RANT

Fine Woodworking Magazine RANT In December 2022, I received my Jan/Feb Issue #301 of the FWW magazine all mangled in a plastic envelope with a note from USPS that the magazine was caught in a sorting machine and was partially destroyed and that I should contact the publisher for a reissue...
  9. dancam

Gents Toolbox

The shop (Dog & Pony Show-AVL) where I sell my boxes asked me to build a "Gents Toolbox." They had some requests or shows of interest. Here's what I came up with. The box is constructed of QSWO and Claro Walnut. The construction is miter joints with splines. The top and bottom are 1/4" BB ply...
  10. dancam

Curly Maple Feet + Hrdwr + Brass

I'm cleaning out some items from my shop. I have a set of ogee curly maple bracket feet (2 front & 2 back) plus the cabinet book with the plans for the five-drawer dresser I was going to build. It includes a complete set of brass hardware (from White Chapel), 10 drawer pulls, and 5 fancy...
  11. dancam

New Jewelry Box

I just finished another commission jewelry box. The box is Curly Cherry, and I used Jatoba (Brazilian Cherry) for the inside, sides, trays, and trim. The top is inlaid with Imbuya (Brazilian Redwood Burl) veneer and trimmed with Curly Maple and Brazilian Cherry. It is lined top and bottom with...
  12. dancam

Pistol Boxes

I just finished 3 pistols boxes for a friend. There are two made of curly cherry with one accented and lined with Purple Heart and the other is accented and lined with paduak. Both have a veneered top of Brazilian redwood burl. The 3rd box is Claro walnut and is accented and lined with curly...
  13. dancam

New Boxes

Here are Box Nos 2 & 3 of a three-box commission. The first box was posted last month and was a birthday gift for the client's wife. These two boxes are wedding gifts. They are both made of Pommele Sapele with a book-matched walnut veneer lid, lined with pig suede (top & bottom), and then lined...
  14. dancam

New Box - Pommele Sapele

I just finished box 1 of a 3 box commission. The box is pommele sapele with an inlaid top of Turkish walnut book-matched veneer. The interior is lined top and bottom with pig skin suede and the interior sides are curly maple as well as the dividers and the two trays. I also banded the tops and...
  15. dancam

New Box

I just finished a new box. It's Claro Walnut with curly maple interior and accents. I inlaid the top with a Turkish walnut book-matched veneer. I also lined the top and bottom with pig skin suede. The hinges and lid support are from Brusso, and the full mortise lock is a "Smartlock" from...
  16. dancam

Griz Router Table

Not mine...just posting. https://asheville.craigslist.org/tls/d/mars-hill-router-table-and-router/7458137679.html
  17. dancam

Another Whiskey Cabinet

This is the fourth Whiskey Cabinet I've made. The first two have sold, and the third is on display at "The Dog & Pony Show" gallery in Asheville. Like the others, this is made of claro walnut and curly maple. I like this particular combo of woods. The figure in both stands out and provides a...
  18. dancam

Keepsake/Jewelry Box

I just finished the below box as a commission for a good friend. The box is Claro Walnut with a Curly Maple top with Padauk inlay in the top. It is lined with curly maple and the dividers and tray are also curly maple and the bottom is a piece of book-matched claro walnut as well as the tray...
  19. dancam

An Inspiration...

This is well worth the one and half minutes of viewing time. Merry Christmas to all. Dan C.
  20. dancam

Old Iron

Looks like a really nice piece of old iron...not mine, just posting. https://asheville.craigslist.org/tls/d/asheville-vintage-delta-rockwell-table/7413371840.html

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors