Search results

1. jsjordan

Advice on Curved Transition?

As part of my ongoing kitchen renovation (one reason for my absence form the board for the last few months), I want to fabricate a curved wooden threshold for the hardwood to carpet transition between the nkitchen and the living room. My problem is that this transition incorporates an "S" curve...
  2. jsjordan

Kreg K3 Gloat

So after the grandkids went home to get ready for Santa tonight, LOML kept insisting that I open ONE present before bed. :icon_scra She didn't want to open one herself, just for me to open one. :dontknow: Being the good husband I am I agreed and found the awesome Kreg K3 Master System inside...
  3. jsjordan

Christmas Presents

Well, the elves have been burning the midnight oil getting this project ready for delivery tonight. :eusa_danc It is a doll bed for my 6 year-old grandaughter Rachel and is sized (I hope) :eusa_pray to fit the American Girl doll she is getting from Santa. It was a fun project and is basically...
  4. jsjordan

Resaw Fence for Bandsaw

Here is a resaw fence I built for my Delta 14" bandsaw. It is simple and works great! :mrgreen:
  5. jsjordan

Birthday Gloat

Hello all - I've not been posting much lately due to some health problems and wayy too much work piling up but I'm trying to get back at it. LOML surprised me this weekend with this new shiny PC 4216 dovetail jig package!:eusa_danc This is the package that includes the Through Dovetail/Box...
  6. jsjordan

Splinter: The Wooden Car !

How Cool is this?? I saw a thread earlier this year about this project "in progress" but it's finally completed. Built in Durham, this project sounds like a great "guest speaker" at next years picnic? :eusa_danc WOOD magazine this month has an article about the completed project and is...
  7. jsjordan

Lattice Panel Room Divider Ideas?

LOML has decided she wants a room divider made from a lattice-style material. We are "negotiating" :wink_smil over the design now as she does not want the traditional folding type. I'm thinking "wall" panels like are used in an office environment for the basic design but shes not quite sold on...
  8. jsjordan

New to Me Tool Gloat: DJ-20 !

A couple weeks ago I became the proud owner of Travis' old DJ-20 jointer. :eusa_danc I'm just now getting the gloat posted because it took me awhile to figure out how to get the images to show up.:eusa_doh: Thanks Jonathan for the tips!!:eusa_clap Anyway, here she is in the new home ! This...
  9. jsjordan

Original Warning Label: Do Not Use for Dynamite? !

After my Dads passing I've spent a good bit of time sorting out his workshop and tool collection. I've found many interesting and unusual tools but this one takes the cake. It appears to be a boring tool of some type but I'm not seeing what it would be used for. :icon_scra Anybody have ideas...
  10. jsjordan

Paying It Forward: Router Table Free to Good Home!

In the spirit of goodwill that runs throughout this site, :eusa_clap I have a small router table that I am offering for free to a good home. This is a Vermont American router table and has served me well on many small projects. My projects now require a larger top so it's time to pass this one...
  11. jsjordan

On the Road Again: Eastern NC to Knightdale

I'm down east near Emerald Isle NC traveling back to Knightdale on Sunday. I know this is short notice, but I can offer Pony Express service back to Knightdale as long as the item can fit into the F-150. PM me to discuss. :icon_thum
  12. jsjordan

Need Advice on Cutting Dead Tree for Lumber?

We have a large Cypress tree at my Moms that's been dead for a number of years now but is still standing. The reason is that it sits at the bottom of a steep 30 foot+ bank on the waters edge and I havent figured a good way to get it cut and hauled up without tearing up the bank and...
  13. jsjordan

Shameless Plug: Fossil Fuel Band Saturday Night

As some of you know, in addition to making piles of sawdust I also play with a local band called Fossil Fuel. We play classic rock from back in the day and this coming Saturday is the day! :wink_smil Just wanted to let everyone know that Fossil Fuel will be playing this Saturday night March 1...
  14. jsjordan

Whats Your "P2B Time" ?

In talking to Will Monday night, he mentioned that he had bought the plans for his reindeer project some time ago and was just now starting the build. So we joked that rather than early for Christmas '08 he is actually "right on time"! :icon_thum I've certainly bought plans with the intention...
  15. jsjordan

My First Tool Gloat

Today LOML presented me with the Osborne EB-3 miter gauge as an early Valentines Day present! :eusa_danc Not sure what I did to deserve the Osborne in the first place let alone get it early but if I did know, I would surely do it again! and again! :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D
  16. jsjordan

[How Do I-Help Desk] How Do I submit a new smiley?

Or perhaps import some I have into a message post? I'm glad to share if they can be added to the pallette but I cant seem to figure out how to do either. :eusa_thin I feel like the little boy who dropped his bubble gum in the chicken house... I'm just confused ! :shock:
  17. jsjordan

Hello everyone (again)!

Hello again all. Joel Jordan here (a.k.a. jsjordan) I've been away from the site for awhile now due to life stuffs but I'm finally getting settled in a new place (with a shop!!) and very much looking forward to making some sawdust again. :-D I'll be posting photos of my 2-car garage as I...
  18. jsjordan

Guitar Pictures Posted

Hey guys - I've posted some pictures of my second guitar in the photo album. Please take a look when you get a minute and let me know what you think. :eusa_danc Joel
  19. jsjordan

Hello Everyone !

Just wanted to briefly introduce myself and say how glad I am to find this excellent site for NC woodowrkers. :-) My name is Joel and I am originally from Bear Creek, NC :icon_thum in Eastern NC but I've lived all across North Carolina calling Swansboro, Jacksonville, Raleigh, Clayton, and...
  20. jsjordan

Time on a Thickness Sander Near Raleigh?

Hello everyone - I am new to the forum and am looking for some help. My woodworking focus is electric guitar building and my 10X12 shop is optimized for this purpose. However, space is a premium (isn't it always?) and so I only have the bare minimum tools required for luthier work. Currently I...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS