Search results

1. sbarnhardt

Looking for a "good" used woodburning system!!

I am looking for a good, used woodburning set up. Preferably a Colwood Detailer at a minimum, or the Razertip equivelant. Thanks
  2. sbarnhardt

Miter Gauge for Old 10 inch Craftsmen Band Saw???

I recently bought an old Craftsmen 10 inch bench top bandsaw. I realize it's not much of a bandsaw, but I needed/wanted something to cut plywood pieces closer to size for my scrollsawing. This one fit the bill and the price was right. Bought it and a Craftsmen 4x36 belt/disc sander for $25 each...
  3. sbarnhardt

Hole Saw Recomendation?

I'm wanting to buy, or start to assemble, a good set of hole saws. In a prior life/job I worked for a distributor that rep'd the Lenox line. Good products, but that's been a lot of years ago. The end result being, I don't have a clue now which are good and which are not so good. In other words...
  4. sbarnhardt

Nativity

I know it's late for Christmas stuff, but I only got my saw a few weeks before Christmas and got the magazine this came out of after that. Thought I'd like to try it so............ It's from the ScrollSaw Woodworking & Crafts, Holiday Ornaments, Toys & Gifts, Volume 2, Page 68. The arch and...
  5. sbarnhardt

When did SYP get so hard to find??? - Rant

I'm probably going to come across sounding rather dense here with some wondering where the heck have I been. But when the dickens did SYP, particularly in a 4x4 and untreated, get so hard to find? My plan was, and still is, to make myself a hall tree out of southern yellow pine. I was going...
  6. sbarnhardt

Veneer repair/rehab or recycle/reuse base

My wife has an old family cedar chest that's covered with veneer. Agewise, I'd put it somewhere in the 1940'ish range at the best if not earlier. It's not in great shape on the outside to say the least. The veneer is in varying stages of coming off over pretty much the whole thing. That ranges...
  7. sbarnhardt

What is your opinion of a ......???

Good Evening All, This "might" not be in the appropriate forum, but I hope it's OK. It's a question about a power tool, but not about the use of one. I've been wanting to get a table saw to use to cut my wood to size, etc. for my scrollsawing. I've seen a used Shop Master by Delta for $80...
  8. sbarnhardt

Magnification with bifocals ??

In working on my current project it's becoming apparent that I need something more than what I currently have in the way of magnification. I have "no-line" bifocals with a lighted magnifier with a 3 diopter lens on a stand beside my saw. But I could still use a little bit more of something...
  9. sbarnhardt

What do you use to cut plywood/etc to size?

Good Morning! I hope everyone had enough turkey yesterday. I know I did and slept it off in the recliner last night. But that's not my reason for this posting. I'm learning to scroll saw, or is it scrollsaw, and have a question about something I need/want to get under control. I buy...
  10. sbarnhardt

Mobile Base Pro/Con for EX21????

I want/need to fix my EX21 and stand so I can move it around in the shop when I use it and so I can move it to the side when I don't. My first thought was the mobile base that is sold for that saw, but it's been suggested this may not be the best idea as it may introduce vibration issues from...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS