Hole Saw Recomendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbarnhardt

New User
Barney
I'm wanting to buy, or start to assemble, a good set of hole saws. In a prior life/job I worked for a distributor that rep'd the Lenox line. Good products, but that's been a lot of years ago. The end result being, I don't have a clue now which are good and which are not so good. In other words, which are made to "sell" and which ones are made to "use." I'd really, really like to hear from you folks on which ones I'd be making the best investment in.

Thanks

lbtripp

New User
Lyell
I have a very nice set of Milwakee hole saws. I'm very happy with them. :icon_cheers

Lyell

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Re: Hole Saw Recommendation?

I have a set of Starretts and love them. My BIL owns a plumbing company and thats all he uses. He bought me a set a few years back. I had a couple odd sizes of Milwaukee as well and like them too. Jim

scsmith42

New User
Scott Smith
I too have a set of Starrett bi-metal hole saws and have been quite pleased with them. Lennox is another top brand, as is Milwaukee.

For woodworking, I typically use a forstner bit instead of a hole saw though. The hole saws are typically used on my construction projects.

JimD

Jim
Senior User
Your reference to "good" makes me hessitate but I find Harbor Freight hole saws to be useful. The arbor is in multiple pieces and not as well aligned as I would prefer but they make round holes of about the size they are supposed to make.

I also use big forstner bits for more precise holes. I use them in a drill press.

Jim

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
The ones I have that are worth having are Lennox.
I'm not but sometimes feel like a Lennox ad. They still make a quality product at
a reasonable price for the quality, but I wouldn't turn down a Starrett or Milwaukee deal.

sbarnhardt

New User
Barney
Bought some Starretts today. There's an industrial supply company branch about 15 minutes from me that handles them and sells individual pieces. Surprisingly, I went to Lowe's right after going to the industrial supply company and they stock Lenox, which "on sale" were still higher than the Starretts were. Both were bi-metal saws. To the best of my knowledge, Starrett is, or always was, a really good brand of tool.

:thumbs_up

Jim M.

Woody
Corporate Member
Here's a cool fact...

Starrett has 9 manufacturing facilities worldwide, 5 in the US, 4 overseas and one is right here in North Carolina. Jim

spacer.gif

Corporate Headquarters and Main Factory
The L. S. Starrett Company
121 Crescent Street
Athol, MA 01 331 U.S.A.
Telephone: 010 1 978-249-3551
Main FAX: 010 1 978-249-8495
This facility manufactures the complete line of precision tools.
Mount Airy, NC
The L. S. Starrett Company
1372 Boggs Drive, P.O. Box 1268
Mount Airy, NC 27030-1268
Telephone: 336-789-5141
FAX: 336-789-8160
This facility manufactures band saw blades, other saw products and precision ground flat stock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS