Search results

1. ACobra289

Keeping me out of the shop

Wow! Nice house/deck and turning. :icon_thum
  2. ACobra289

Grizzly G0623X sliding table saw review

Your shop is nicer than my house. :) Nice saw! I expect to see many new projects completed in the near future. :gar-Bi
  3. ACobra289

10 round semi-automatic... rubber band gun

Is that one of those that Obama wants to ban? :rotflm:
  4. ACobra289

15" Delta planer on WS Craigslist

I don't know anything about planers so this may or may not be a good deal but thought I would post it just in case. Not mine and I am not affiliated with it in any way. http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/tls/3278509622.html
  5. ACobra289

Need plumbing help ASAP!!!!

UPDATE: I repaired it today. I used a brass coupling with 2 clamps on each end. So far I have not noticed any leaking. I will leave it open for a few days to make sure before I cover it back up. When I first noticed the leak I called a plumber and asked for a rough estimate. He said $400 to...
  6. ACobra289

The pipe is black plastic. I think it is poly. I couldn't find a proper saddle clamp, but I found something close just not the right size. I put it on just to get me through the night and we can shower in the morning. I read that that black poly pipe is not very strong so a saddle clamp might...
  7. ACobra289

I really like the sound of not having to cut the pipe. The leak appears to be a small hole, but I need to turn the water back on the get a better look. My water meter is hard to reach and I dont have one of the tools so I have having to reach in with an adjustable wrench to turn the water on and...
  8. ACobra289

The black pipe that comes from the water meter into my house has a leak. I have spent all afternoon digging to find the leak. I finally found the pipe and the location of the leak. My question is, what is the best way to fix this type of pipe? Its about 1 inch in diameter and is black...
  9. ACobra289

Kitchen remodel progress

Wow, those cabinets are beautiful. Nice work!
  10. ACobra289

Need small amount of wood in the Winston Salem area.

Hi Tom. I forgot to mention in my original post that I needed it planed and ready to go. I need to draw up some basic plans so I can get an idea of how much I will really need. I'll check out the big box stores and Klingspor to see what they have. Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Bill
  11. ACobra289

Need small amount of wood in the Winston Salem area.

Hello all. I am planning on building a small wall hanging gun rack for my son to use for some of his airsoft guns. I am thinking either cherry or oak, but I am open to other types that would also look good stained. I don't have an exact amount needed yet as I have not finalized any plans, but I...
  12. ACobra289

Train Bed - Just completed

Very nice! My son would have LOVED to have something like this when he was younger. He was a huge Thomas fan. :)
  13. ACobra289

Completely New To Woodworking

Welcome! You will find this is the friendliest forum on the web. Everyone here is willing to answer questions or help in anyway they can. There is a wide variety of skills. Some of us are basically beginners and there are others that are true artists. Jump in and don't hesitate to ask questions.:)
  14. ACobra289

Need suggestions for repair of wooden porch deck.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions. Unfortunately I'm not very close to Tarheel Lumber.
  15. ACobra289

Need suggestions for repair of wooden porch deck.

Hello all. I need some suggestions on the best way to handle something. A lady that I work with has asked me to do some minor repairs to the deck of her front porch. It is an older house and the boards are tongue and groove. A couple of years ago, somebody replaced some of the boards and...
  16. ACobra289

Material suggestions?

Thanks to all for the suggestions. I'll be sure to post some pics if I ever get around to making it. :)
  17. ACobra289

Material suggestions?

That sounds like a great idea! Does the felt actually come with a sticky back or would I need to use some spray adhesive? Thanks again, Bill
  18. ACobra289

Material suggestions?

RE: Pistol rack for safe Hello all. I'm thinking about making one of these for my safe. I'd like to get some suggestions on the soft material the pistol will come in contact with. My first thought is some sort of pipe insulation, but I have not checked any of that out yet and I don't know how...
  19. ACobra289

a quick checkering job.

Wow. Very Impressive! :eusa_clap
  20. ACobra289

Hello

Welcome neighbor. (I also live in WS.) You will find this is a great group of people and the friendliest forum on the net. :icon_thum Bill

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS