Search results

1. M

Quick release front vise

I am selling an "Economy Quick release front vise." I believe I purchased it from Woodcraft. WoodRiver Economy Quick Release Front Vise | Woodcraft I am selling this because I bought a pattern vise. $70, Pick up in Mountain City, TN. This vise has a quick release feature that uses a...
  2. M

Windsor chair seat blanks

I am getting ready to mill up some Eastern white pine . I was thinking of milling some 9/4 for seat blanks. Is there much demand for seat blanks? Is the preference to have rift sawn, plain sawn or quarter sawn blanks? I don't know if I will be able to get any full sized blanks in one piece...
  3. M

Ramp walking toys

Does anyone make ramp walking toys? If so, can you share tips, techniques and a source for patterns/plans?
  4. M

Looking for hardware, drop front

I am looking for the hardware for a drop front panel ( see photo) to make a toolbox. What is the name for this type of hardware? Does this panel have a specific name? Thanks.
  5. M

Do parts for Jet bandsaws fit Delta bandsaws?

A friend has a Delta bandsaw model 28-270 with broken table trunnions. E Replacement parts shows, " back order no ETA" for the trunnions and trunnion assembly. My gut feeling is, these parts will never be in stock. Has anyone ordered parts from Jet or Grizzly to repair a Delta? Or have found...
  6. M

Disston nesting saw $20, Mountain City, TN

Disston nesting saw, $20 located in Mountain City, TN. The plate is nice and straight, stained but not rusty. Will need sharpening buy new owner. ( I haven't acquired that skill, yet) Will ship at buyers expense, payment via Paypal.
  7. M

Looking for anti- fog solution

I am looking for something to spray or wipe on my safety glasses to reduce or eliminate them from fogging up. What do y'all use?
  8. M

Heat treating question

I am going to repurpose a hand plane iron from a Corsair handplane. My plan is to : 1) Heat it cherry red, then let it cool slowly to anneal it. 2) I will shape and file it as needed. When I re-heat treat it, do I: 3) Need to heat to cherry red, then quench to harden it before tempering...
  9. M

WTB :Powermatic 20" planer

I'm looking for a used Powermatic 20" planer. Helix or straight knife. Single phase. Model 209 for example. I'm located in Mountain City, TN (near Boone, NC). I've been checking FB Marketplace and Craig's List near me as well. Thanks.
  10. M

Flea markets, between Boone and Hickory

Does anyone know of flea markets between Boone and Hickory on Saturday, Oct 22nd? I'd like to stop on my way to the woodworking show.
  11. M

What is this tool called?

What is this tool called? ( Sorry, this is the only picture I have) It looks like it is used for making mortises. One side has 5 little auger bits that overlap. The otherside appears to have a shaft that drives the bits.
  12. M

Powermatic 60HH jointer, $2,500 Mountain City, TN

Not mine. A friend decided he will not have time to get a woodshop up and running. He has been acquiring tools in the past few years. He has a Powermatic model 60hh for sale, $2,500. I believe this is single phase. He also has an edge sander, Rockwell bandsaw model 28-3x0, Belsaw 12" surface...
  13. M

Tool sellers near Archdale, NC

My wife wants to go to a fabric store near Archdale, NC. To fill the time (while she is looking at fabric) I am looking for recommendations of any antique stores that carry hand tools. Mostly I'm looking for hand planes. ( not that I need any more).
  14. M

White oak slabs

We had a large white oak taken down so I had someone slab it up with his chainsaw mill. I ended up with 6 slabs, 2 1/2" x 28" x 8 ft long. My wife has requested a dining room table, which will use 2 of the slabs. I have about two years until it's dry, so that will give me time to figure out...
  15. M

Tools, Granite Falls, NC

Attached is an ad I saw on Facebook. One tool pictured is a Stanley 55. I messaged the owner and they wanted $350 for it. Also pictured was a compass plane. Unfortunately there were no other tools for woodworking tools. I live 90 miles away and too busy.
  16. M

Want to learn motor rewinding

I've always wanted to learn how to rewind motors. Can anyone recommend books, videos, tech schools ( I'm mountain City, TN but willing to drive a ways) for learning? One thing I haven't found is how to connect the new windings after they are installed into the motor. This will be more for...
  17. M

Delta wood lathe on Marketplace, Marion, VA

Not mine etc. Delta lathe model 46-546 Single phase , 115 V Looks to have been well cared for. Located in Maron, VA. The family is selling tools after their father passed away. They have lumber, shaper with power feed,radial arm saw, small tools, etc...
  18. M

Adirondack porch swing glider

Has anyone built an Adirondack porch swing glider using composite material? I am looking for recommendations on which plan to buy (that seats 2) and which composite to use. Also, what tips for working with composite. Thanks, Bill
  19. M

Handsaw sharpening class?

Will there any handsaw sharpening classes this fall/ winter? I've been watching videos but I prefer in person learning.
  20. M

Tool sellers near Lenoir, NC?

I will be in Lenoir, NC next week. Can you recommend places that sell vintage hand planes, saws, etc.?

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS