Tool sellers near Archdale, NC

Mountain City Bill

Mountain City Bill
Corporate Member
My wife wants to go to a fabric store near Archdale, NC. To fill the time (while she is looking at fabric) I am looking for recommendations of any antique stores that carry hand tools. Mostly I'm looking for hand planes. ( not that I need any more).

Raymond

Raymond
Staff member
Corporate Member
A google search for antiques near that location shows three (3) stores - I haven't been to any of them.

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I chuckled! My wife has a mandatory visit to Joann’s every other week. It’s not so bad now that a Harbor Freight opened up next door!

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
I'd bypass antique stores and look for junk shops and flea markets. I have bought way more at those types of places than at "antique" shops. And the prices are usually significantly cheaper.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
I'd bypass antique stores and look for junk shops and flea markets. I have bought way more at those types of places than at "antique" shops. And the prices are usually significantly cheaper.
Would have to agree. It's amazing sometimes what you can find at a flea market for tools. Most stands are just pass-me-by's but if you keep an eye out (or get in conversations with the vendors) you can find great deals and/or stuff they have that's to heavy to haul to weekend shows (eg made out of cast iron or floor standing without wheels).

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
I love a flea market...

PXL_20220222_020736525.jpg

Chris C

Chris
Senior User
I seem to find them in the junkiest places. I know a few good spots where my wife won't go inside... She waits in the truck.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS