Looking for anti- fog solution

Mountain City Bill

Mountain City Bill
Corporate Member
I am looking for something to spray or wipe on my safety glasses to reduce or eliminate them from fogging up.

What do y'all use?

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Anything that makes the water "wetter" will work. A little detergent-water mix will break up the little water globules that cause the "fog" by reducing the surface tension in the condensation. The worst thing to use is a water repellent, which will cause the droplets to form even bigger.

Oka

Casey
Corporate Member
Another anti fog is Tobacco. If you take some tobacco make it wet and rub it on glass, it does not fog or allow dropets of rain to stay....... poor mans windshield wiper.

I have tried it does work, kinda funny

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
Another anti fog is Tobacco. If you take some tobacco make it wet and rub it on glass, it does not fog or allow dropets of rain to stay....... poor mans windshield wiper.

I have tried it does work, kinda funny
My dad used to keep a bag of Bull Durham tobacco in the car for just that purpose, even though he didn't chew. He used it to keep the frost off the windshield.

charlessenf

(;harles
Senior User
My High School pal's dad told us that, during the depression, they would cut up bars of soap into little rectangles and wrap them in the silver paper gum wrappers and hawk them on the street as anti-fog devices.

Fits with the dish soap suggestion - so it may have been a true accounting of a period in our history no one alive today might verify.

ggoss

New User
Garrett
Tear-free baby shampoo is one thing I've used for scuba (at least until it rinses off and you switch to saliva), but since you aren't at risk of getting it in your eyes, any detergent/water mix that won't streak will work just as well (as mentioned by others above).

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
Going with Oka's recommendation. As a diver it's easily been the best solution for fogged lenses in a life critical situation.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS